What is wrong with Bud Norris?

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Travis Snider.... Norris gave him a dirty look after the inning ended. He was clearly off after that He wasn't as bad as the numbers. Snider cost him runs and a lot of pitches.
Snider is NOT responsible for Norris' s performances. Snider didn't pitch the pitches that allowed the balls to get into the outfield. Norris needs to give a dirty look into his mirror

As tight as this division is and will be, I don't feel comfortable giving Norris 2-3 more starts to see if he straightens out, looks exactly the same as the spring, this is nothing new, try Gausman
Give Norris the same opportunities that Ubaldo got last year -- the opportunity to go into the pen, receive extra coaching, do extra work, work his tail off to maybe claw his way back into the rotation.

Give Norris the same opportunities that Ubaldo got last year -- the opportunity to go into the pen, receive extra coaching, do extra work, work his tail off to maybe claw his way back into the rotation.

I am sure Norris will be thrilled to do it in free agent season. They did it with Ubaldo because it was an investment.

FYI.....Norris started the 2014 season 0-2, so I'm not ready to panic or throw him in the BP....... or on the scrap heap. The difference is that despite the 0-2 record last year, he definitely was pitching better than he has in his first two games this season.

To be fair, he has faced a tough Jays lineup twice. He did only slightly below average against a decent NY lineup.

Still, we'd expect much better from him. I think the team gives him one or two more starts to figure things out. If he can't improve, it's time to send him to the bullpen.

Kind of feel for the guy a bit. It's his walk year too, and this is definitely not the impression you want to make in that situation. Maybe the O's can sign him to a minor league deal next year.

The idea of sympathizing with a pitcher who is in his walk year and "only" making $8.8 million to pitch badly is very strange to me.

I am sure Norris will be thrilled to do it in free agent season. They did it with Ubaldo because it was an investment.
Well, he brought it on himself. He has no one to blame but himself. Let him pitch mop up for the rest of the season. Unless he shows signs that he has drastically improved. Or else management might have to eat the rest of this year's contract and release him.

FYI.....Norris started the 2014 season 0-2, so I'm not ready to panic or throw him in the BP....... or on the scrap heap. The difference is that despite the 0-2 record last year, he definitely was pitching better than he has in his first two games this season.
What!!!??? :eek: Did you watch tonight's game? Nine earned runs given up in 2 1/3 innings. I believe that his ERA has reached 17.00. The team simply cannot afford any more performances like this from a guy in his walk year.

I just think that pitch calling by a catcher is overrated. I have spoken to a few people who have played the game about this and rhey agree. But we can agree to disagree.
Really, there is no way we can know who calls the better game. There are so many variables we can't know. How much does the SP trust the Catcher's judgment. What is the game plan and how is the catcher adjusting to what the SP has working that night and how he is reading bats that night. We can't know this. We can only know how well he blocks pitches and controls the running game. That's a small part of what a catcher does.

Well, nothing we didn't see in ST except now he's facing lineups that contain ML hitters throughout.

This is why people shouldn't dismiss ST entirely. The numbers don't matter, but the work does. Bud's work this spring was less than stellar.

I just think that pitch calling by a catcher is overrated. I have spoken to a few people who have played the game about this and rhey agree. But we can agree to disagree.

What few people were they? Little league ball players usually have their coaches calling pitches for them so they don't count. I know almost no one who discounts the importance of sequencing and pitch calling.

I'm not convinced Joseph is the end all, be all in that category either, but he'll do for now.

Well, nothing we didn't see in ST except now he's facing lineups that contain ML hitters throughout.

This is why people shouldn't dismiss ST entirely. The numbers don't matter, but the work does. Bud's work this spring was less than stellar.

Very good point. I was believing that it would correct itself. It hasn't.

What few people were they? Little league ball players usually have their coaches calling pitches for them so they don't count. I know almost no one who discounts the importance of sequencing and pitch calling.

I'm not convinced Joseph is the end all, be all in that category either, but he'll do for now.

Did he catch Bud's brilliant game against the Tigers?

Archived