The O's lead the majors in Runs Scored, Homers, RBI

wildcard

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's actually pitched his worst against Baltimore BY FAR of any opponent (numbers vs. Arizona are slightly worse, but that is in 1/2 of an inning).

In 9 appearances, 3 GS, 20.1 IP the numbers are as follows:

Orioles batters - .352/.436/.614/1.049

Chris Sale - 0-2, 5.06 ERA, 1.969 WHIP

If I recall correctly, I was present when Sale made his major league debut, in relief against the Orioles, and he was not effective. Threw hard, but was wild.

(Goes back to look.)

Yep, he came in to pitch in a 1-1 game, and promptly walked BRob on four pitches and a single to Markakis, then got yanked.

If I recall correctly, I was present when Sale made his major league debut, in relief against the Orioles, and he was not effective. Threw hard, but was wild.

(Goes back to look.)

Yep, he came in to pitch in a 1-1 game, and promptly walked BRob on four pitches and a single to Markakis, then got yanked.

It doesn't seem that he's ever been very good against the O's at any point, not really weighed by any individual point in his career...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/split_stats.cgi?full=1&params=oppon%7CBAL%7Csalech01%7Cpitch%7CIP%7C

Based on what I've seen, I expect Toronto to be the best offensive team in the AL East, and maybe the league.

It is kind of silly to have this discussion the day after we've scored 18 runs. Where did we rank in runs scored up until yesterday?

SERIOUS RESPONSE: OAgreed.

HALF SERIOUS, HALF-KIDDING RESPONSE: OIf the Orioles keep this up, it may not be so silly after all.

It's easy to post this on April 27th after we just scored 18 runs.

This offense is likely to look very much like the ones we've seen the last few years: Good, not great. Powerful, but not enough baserunners.

And on April 29th after scoring 8 runs?

Archived