Roch: Dylan Bundy - Dominating

weams

The greedy little part of me still wants to see more K's.

The rational side of my wants to see more innings. He's been at 3 innings/start for over a month now. Let's up it to four or five now and have him in pitching in Norfolk by midseason.

You would think it was his first season back from TJ with how the team is handling him.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rational side of my wants to see more innings. He's been at 3 innings/start for over a month now. Let's up it to four or five now and have him in pitching in Norfolk by midseason.

You would think it was his first season back from TJ with how the team is handling him.

I think the Orioles have a pretty good understanding of how to manage their pitcher's workloads in regards to their pitching program as a whole. I have no statistics to prove because I don't have time to look, but I am quite confident that we are one of the best at keeping our starting pitchers at the ML level healthy. It trickles down to the minors as well.

I think the Orioles have a pretty good understanding of how to manage their pitcher's workloads in regards to their pitching program as a whole. I have no statistics to prove because I don't have time to look, but I am quite confident that we are one of the best at keeping our starting pitchers at the ML level healthy. It trickles down to the minors as well.

Other than Bundy, whose arm was injured when he was 16 or so, a good number of our young pitchers have stayed relatively healthy for a while Bobby B, Matt H, Dan Klein, and Oliver Drake are the only ones I can think of that were not drafted sore. And I'll never believe that Hobgood wasn't. Ever.

Enjoy that while you can. Being a dad with kids still in elementary school is one of the truly great stages of manhood. My son used to beg me to play catch with him in the yard, and the pure joy he had when we were out there was sonething i'll never forget. Once I was playing in an adult softball game with my kids watching, and first I hit a bases loaded triple and next time up I hit a grand slam, and just after I rounded home plate my 7-year old daughter jumped into my arms and said "Daddy you're amazing! You're the best dad EVER!". I think that was literally the best moment of my entire life.

That has to be the greatest moment in your life.

Other than Bundy, whose arm was injured when he was 16 or so, a good number of our young pitchers have stayed relatively healthy for a while Bobby B, Matt H, Dan Klein, and Oliver Drake are the only ones I can think of that were not drafted sore. And I'll never believe that Hobgood wasn't. Ever.

Klein was drafted as an injury risk. He was red shirted his freshman year i think. Dylan Bundy was overpitched as a high schooler which is why he has been handled with kid gloves since day 1. But yes, i feel quite confident in our pitching program and philosophy.

He might very well, be a lights out setup arm, and we forgot about that guy we had last year that went north to pitch. :)

Bundy is still a better prospect than EdRod, but I didn't like that trade and I never will, even if EdRod disappoints from here.

Archived