vs. YANKEES, 5/09

OFFNY

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, this guy won't let up. Pearce 2014-esque.

Speaking of, I'm really curious what happened to Pearce.. I understand maybe a player could have a nice hot streak which belies his actual ability, but Pearce played at a high high level for nearly a year. Felt like he turned a corner.. where did that player go?

Speaking of, I'm really curious what happened to Pearce.. I understand maybe a player could have a nice hot streak which belies his actual ability, but Pearce played at a high high level for nearly a year. Felt like he turned a corner.. where did that player go?

Last year was a freak event. Pearce has never been a good player and he's returned to his rightful position as a AAAA guy, who should get some AB's off the bench but should never be starting on a team with playoff aspirations.

I'm glad they rewarded him for his good year last year but I wouldn't give him anything other than a MiL deal next year.

Last year was a freak event. Pearce has never been a good player and he's returned to his rightful position as a AAAA guy, who should get some AB's off the bench but should never be starting on a team with playoff aspirations.

I'm glad they rewarded him for his good year last year but I wouldn't give him anything other than a MiL deal next year.

I agree he never showed anything near what he did last year. But he maintained that level of play all year. I thought there was a lot of talk that he changed his stance and that was the reason for his reinvention? I guess not.

But he is a very good defensive player. He just can not bat.

And we have a team full of AAAA players that are very good defensive players.

Archived