Matt Wieters Transferred to 60 Day DL

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> announced they've claimed RHP Jorge Rondon off waivers from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockies?src=hash">#Rockies</a>. Matt Wieters transferred to 60-day DL to create 40-man space.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">May 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> announced they've claimed RHP Jorge Rondon off waivers from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockies?src=hash">#Rockies</a>. Matt Wieters transferred to 60-day DL to create 40-man space.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">May 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Never heard of Rondon.

Never heard of Rondon.

27 years old. Only pitched two innings in the majors. Has a 45.00 ERA :D

Spent most of his minor league career in the Saint Louis system. 2014 was his best, 3.03 ERA and 1.267 WHIP at the AAA level. Nothing much to get excited about.

Rondon?

No Gausman going to 60 day because it takes 3 to 6 months to recover from it. The fact Gausman tried to pitch for 2 months with tendonitis leads me to believe he might have done more damage. You know the Orioles. Down play it as long as possible. Like they did with Bundy, Wieters, and JJ.

No Gausman going to 60 day because it takes 3 to 6 months to recover from it. The fact Gausman tried to pitch for 2 months with tendonitis leads me to believe he might have done more damage. You know the Orioles. Down play it as long as possible. Like they did with Bundy, Wieters, and JJ.

Do you have a quote saying he has been pitching with tendonitis for the past two months?

I honestly haven't see that.

Also Rondon is the very definition of marginal prospect, at first glance I see no reason to pick him up in the first place.

Do you have a quote saying he has been pitching with tendonitis for the past two months?

I honestly haven't see that.

Also Rondon is the very definition of marginal prospect, at first glance I see no reason to pick him up in the first place.

On tablet but tomorrow I can link it. Buck said it was a week and he could have pushed through it.. Which a sign of a player who has been pitching for a while with it and a manager defending a player for it. He came out of ST with pain so put 1 and 1 together and it makes sense why he hasn't been used and when he has he's been hittable and staying up in zone.

On tablet but tomorrow I can link it. Buck said it was a week and he could have pushed through it.. Which a sign of a player who has been pitching for a while with it and a manager defending a player for it. He came out of ST with pain so put 1 and 1 together and it makes sense why he hasn't been used and when he has he's been hittable and staying up in zone.

So, technically, the two months figure is speculative?

Well I hope you are incorrect.

You keep acting like you know something when there isn't any evidence for it.

Ok I see your evidence and it is speculative at best. Lets wait for the doctor appt before we act like Gausman is done for the year.

You keep acting like you know something when there isn't any evidence for it.

Ok I see your evidence and it is speculative at best. Lets wait for the doctor appt before we act like Gausman is done for the year.

He could be right. You could look like a genius just assigning the WCS every time someone gets hurt.

He could be right. You could look like a genius just assigning the WCS every time someone gets hurt.

The way he's doing speculates both Gausman and the team should have known better. It's not always so black and white speaking from experience.

Archived