Maryland vs. Butler, 3/17

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's good thing Gary took Jones out for an extended period of time when he was on fire. They really got a lot more out of Hayes. That was fantastic.

No offense to Hayes cause he usually runs the offense just fine, but I have to agree with you on this one. Hayes adds almrost nothing to the team scoring wise, and while Vasquez gets his fair share of points he's anything but a reliable source.

Keeping both of them on the court with Straw, Gist, and Ibekwe leave you with only 1 real reliable scorer in Gist. That hurts your chances of scoring.

Why on earth didnt MD foul Butler when there was a 3 second differential!????

If Butler makes a shot the games over, if they miss the ball is bouncing off the rim with 3 seconds left on the other end of the floor.

Just terrible, terrible decisions.

I think there was a 6 second differential. I probably would have preferred to foul, but not the 2nd best FT shooter in the nation. It would have looked pretty smart if they got the defensive rebound.

It was absolutely an awful call. You guys have the right to complain about it.

However, ask Vazquez and Ibewke why you lost....Free throws.

Embarassing loss when you lose to a team that you would not have recruited one kid off of. An 3-4 ACC school should not lose to a Horizon (whatever the hell that is) conference team. I wrote it yesterday this team will go as far as Ibekwe takes them and they did......Goodbye Jones, Ibekwe, and Strawberry-good luck in the CBA. Unless GW finds a way to get more talented kids this is as good as it gets. Watch Ohio St or UNC, what a difference. Hello baseball season.....

MD lost this game themselves, no one to blame but themselves.

C'mon you can look at stuff like missed free throws and say that's why they lost and I would agree with you in the long run. But they had a chance to tie the game and got raped by the Refs with that BS offensive foul.

Embarassing loss when you lose to a team that you would not have recruited one kid off of. An 3-4 ACC school should not lose to a Horizon (whatever the hell that is) conference team. I wrote it yesterday this team will go as far as Ibekwe takes them and they did......Goodbye Jones, Ibekwe, and Strawberry-good luck in the CBA. Unless GW finds a way to get more talented kids this is as good as it gets. Watch Ohio St or UNC, what a difference. Hello baseball season.....

That's what is great about college basketball. Play solid fundamental basketball, execute your gameplan, shoot the ball well and you have a chance to beat teams with much more raw talent. Butler is a damn good team and while it is disappointing I think it's a little over the top to say that it is embarassment losing to them.

Yeah, gotta hope that Gary can get on his knees and beg Lucas to be a Terp, cause things look pretty bleak for next year. Gist and Osby should be OK, but where are we going to get points? Basically our top three offensive players are going to be playing for the Madrid Mangos.

Yeah, gotta hope that Gary can get on his knees and beg Lucas to be a Terp, cause things look pretty bleak for next year. Gist and Osby should be OK, but where are we going to get points? Basically our top three offensive players are going to be playing for the Madrid Mangos.

MD has a good future ahead of them...No need to get down on them because they lost today.

No offense to Hayes cause he usually runs the offense just fine, but I have to agree with you on this one. Hayes adds almrost nothing to the team scoring wise, and while Vasquez gets his fair share of points he's anything but a reliable source.

Keeping both of them on the court with Straw, Gist, and Ibekwe leave you with only 1 real reliable scorer in Gist. That hurts your chances of scoring.

I'll agree to an extent but then I will say that they are only freshmen.

That's what is great about college basketball. Play solid fundamental basketball, execute your gameplan, shoot the ball well and you have a chance to beat teams with much more raw talent. Butler is a damn good team and while it is disappointing I think it's a little over the top to say that it is embarassment losing to them.

Totally agree.

I have been saying that it was a bad matchup for the Terps and was chastized for it.

Butler is a tough team for MD. They will pretty much always dictate tempo and if they shoot well, they are tough to beat.

MD had a very good year. It is disappointing that they didn't beat Butler, who they are much more talented than but still, they played great the last 6 weeks and their fans should be pretty proud of the season IMO.

On a positive note, MJ was fantastic, at least he ended his career strong over the last couple months or so. And I'm not going to be one of those people to say good riddance to the senior class, well maybe Bowers.:D DJ, MJ, and Ekene all had solid careers with MD, played hard, and I don't recall them having any off the court issues. Sure Ekene and MJ could have had much better careers, but they were decent and finished pretty strong. This was a good season, and the blame for the two seasons before mostly lies elsewhere imo. In their sophomore year, they had the whole Gilchrist-Gary fued that really hurt the team, and last year they had no PG and McCray failing classes.

Farewell and good luck to the seniors.

MD has a good future ahead of them...No need to get down on them because they lost today.

Vasquez and Hayes make a nice guard combo, but they don't really know what they have behind Gist and Osby for big men. Behind that you have Burney, Dupree, and Gregory who all have zero college expierence and really only three star prospects.

Archived