The Cavalry Is Starting To Arrive

sfosfan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the doubleheader next Thursday,Wright should get at least another start. Heard on the radio that Tillman might go on the DL to get his back straight. Wright might get at least two more starts and with Norris in flux perhaps many more.

Thanks for intel. It sounds like Tyler Wilson may be activated after all.

I thought the discussion was whether or not to put Norris "retroactively" on the DL (since his last start) so Wright could get another start. I believe they are going to try and stretch Tillman's next start out to see if his back improves. Either way, Wright deserves another look.

I was THRILLED with Wrights performance. But its ONE performance. I saw Chris Waters pitch a one hitter in his MLB debut in Anaheim.He may be working at Home Depot now. Thats NOT to denigrate Wright. I just want to see it repeat.

While your point about this being only one start is fair, let's be clear: Mike Wright has a much better track record, pedigree and array of tools than Chris Waters.

While your point about this being only one start is fair, let's be clear: Mike Wright has a much better track record, pedigree and array of tools than Chris Waters.

Does he? Mike Wright put up a 4.62 ERA in AAA last year over a full season, with a pretty mediocre 1.4 WHIP.

Yea, he looks great in 2015 so far, hopefully he's really turned a corner. I don't think Waters was a guy that could hit 98 mph I guess.

Does he? Mike Wright put up a 4.62 ERA in AAA last year over a full season, with a pretty mediocre 1.4 WHIP.

Yea, he looks great in 2015 so far, hopefully he's really turned a corner. I don't think Waters was a guy that could hit 98 mph I guess.

Mike Wright was pitching on 11 days rest.

Wright was our MiL pitcher of the year in 2013 at Bowie. He got pounded for nearly 4 months at Norfolk last year, but came on gangbusters at the end and has continued to be excellent this year in AAA. And he's not 27 years old.

Nope, but saw a lot of pigeons on sticks and other horrible things. :-)

I've worked with a number of South Koreans and I think the country has progressed quite a bit, though I can't speak for their food pratices (Korean BBQ is awesome though).

Semper Fi on behalf of my Dad, he was Vietnam era (Da Nang).

With the doubleheader next Thursday,Wright should get at least another start. Heard on the radio that Tillman might go on the DL to get his back straight. Wright might get at least two more starts and with Norris in flux perhaps many more.

Good point about the doubleheader. We have a LOT of starts to cover starting tomorrow. No days off til June 8th.

He made an adjustment at the end of last year and now that momentum has carried into this year. I do not think he was touching the upper 90's at any point last season. He is a totally different pitcher now as Tony said in his writeup. And Waters fastball was probably about the velocity of Wright's slide piece if that puts it into any perspective.

Archived