The Cavalry Is Starting To Arrive

sfosfan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, Norris to the pen, right? Did Buck say as much by saying he wouldn't discuss a 15 game winner's future though the media.

Not really. Just that he wasn't going to make it public. I;ll bet him and DD aren't sure what they're going to do yet.

Remember, Bud is very sick still, with bronchitis. His health will probably drive the decision, not Wright's great start.

So, Norris to the pen, right? Did Buck say as much by saying he wouldn't discuss a 15 game winner's future though the media.

With him mentioning that Norris has lost 10 lbs it might be a little easier to sell him on going to the DL and making a rehab start or two in the minors. But then again, with all these guys being FA's after this year they aren't going to like the idea of going on the DL and "rehabbing". They are playing for pay days. If Norris had a contract after this year we'd easily see him take the 15 day DL and make a start or two in the minors to work on some things.

With him mentioning that Norris has lost 10 lbs it might be a little easier to sell him on going to the DL and making a rehab start or two in the minors. But then again, with all these guys being FA's after this year they aren't going to like the idea of going on the DL and "rehabbing". They are playing for pay days. If Norris had a contract after this year we'd easily see him take the 15 day DL and make a start or two in the minors to work on some things.

Pretty accurate thoughts I'd say.

Please don't say "cavalry". We know what happened the last time we had a "cavalry".... :o

I know what you mean. Those "calvary" misspellings drove me crazy, too. :mwahaha:

I don't want to think about the list of can't-miss starters from the Orioles system who have washed out when promoted to the big club over the past 8-10 years. I'm hard pressed to think of starters who came through the Orioles system and met or came near meeting high expectations at the ML level. Tillman, I guess.

I know what you mean. Those "calvary" misspellings drove me crazy, too. :mwahaha:

I don't want to think about the list of can't-miss starters from the Orioles system who have washed out when promoted to the big club over the past 8-10 years. I'm hard pressed to think of starters who came through the Orioles system and met or came near meeting high expectations at the ML level. Tillman, I guess.

Arrieta and Hernandez and Tillman and Matusz have all had very nice MLB careers.

I kind of understand this thinking, but it is better for Norris' value if he has a DL stint vs being sent to the bullpen.

I was THRILLED with Wrights performance. But its ONE performance. I saw Chris Waters pitch a one hitter in his MLB debut in Anaheim.He may be working at Home Depot now. Thats NOT to denigrate Wright. I just want to see it repeat. Often.If he is real good, you could see Norris traded soon even if we don't get much return.I can't see Norris having 3 or 4 more bad starts.God how I wish we had Arrieta and Simon now. I know why they aren't here, but I wish I had them NOW.

One game.Matusz was also very good at the beginning. I think for his first 10 or so starts.if Wright pitched bad today,would we be driving him back to Norfolk. He looked really good but some guy's pitch well for awhile till the league figures him out.I do like his delivery and poise.

All I heard was buck telling a story about his dad asking him of he wanted to be a soldier because he saw him playing soldiers in the backyard, telling him that he didn't, or something to that effect. Foes anyone have full context on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o

Arrieta and Hernandez and Tillman and Matusz have all had very nice MLB careers.
Britton says Hello!

Believe it or not, the book is not completely closed on all of my original Big Ten ...... and that list of mine was from 2009.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/122486-OFFNY-s-Original-Big-Ten-from-2009

I was hoping to get at least 2 or 3 solid starters and/or relievers from that list.

We have Tillman and Britton. Matusz is an average reliever (unlike Britton, who is excellent out of the bullpen.) Arrieta plays for another team. I loved Brad Bergesen, particularly before that line drive broke his leg in a season in which he was possibly headed for a Rookie of the Year award.

Archived