Orioles trade away two international bonus slots for Astros LHP Chris Lee

Crazysilver03

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was in their top 30...in 2013.

Would you feel better about the deal if you knew he was, for instance, their 44th base prospect?

Please tell me I am missing something....I mean I know we don't sign any international people, but you don't have to make horrible trades to add insult to injury.

Please, I must be missing something....

Please tell me I am missing something....I mean I know we don't sign any international people, but you don't have to make horrible trades to add insult to injury.

Please, I must be missing something....

My take is the same as when Dan did this a couple years ago.

He knows he isn't going to spend the money so he gets what he can for it.

I find it hard to believe he actually covets Chris Lee.

My take is the same as when Dan did this a couple years ago.

He knows he isn't going to spend the money so he gets what he can for it.

I find it hard to believe he actually covets Chris Lee.

Seems like he is replacing Stephen Tarpley. With a taller pitcher. More advanced.

Seems like he is replacing Stephen Tarpley. With a taller pitcher. More advanced.
Bonifay became rather animated when discussing Lee, "Oh, that’s an amazing arm. It really is. He’s got a very live arm, a very live fastball. He’s still working on command of all of his pitches. Once all of that comes into play, I think you’re going to see one heck of a big leaguer. That’s just my own personal opinion. It’s just live. It’s live. Hitters have a tough time. It’s a quick little arm stroke. Poof. And it gets on you so fast. He’s got to learn to slow the game down a little bit. There’s some things that he has to learn how to do. Holding runners and making sure he’s doing all the fundamentals, where he supposed to be on cutoffs and relays, where he’s supposed to be on bunt plays, and just slow the game down. He’s still a very young kid, but he’s just got a very bright future in my mind. A real bright future. Once he pitches more, more experience on the mound, more experience with everything taking place, how fast the game is, he’ll slow it down and then once he slows it down, then you’re really going to see him take off. He’s got an amazing arm."

Josh Bonifay

Archived