Bud Norris in Norfolk

OsStrosNattyBohs

I know lots of people don't care for Bud and that they gave up too much for him.

But, I don't buy into, that he is a below average pitcher.

But, for whatever reason, he isn't the same pitcher this season as he was, last year.

I suspect next season, he will be pitching elsewhere, and the new Calvary will be here.

Hey, RR, I played the game and let me tell ya, he sucks. Furthermore, the "eye test" will tell you he's just not that good.

Or, you could look at BBREF and discover that his career ERA+ 90 is, wait for it, below average.

Sorry to be the one.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, RR, I played the game and let me tell ya, he sucks. Furthermore, the "eye test" will tell you he's just not that good.

Or, you could look at BBREF and discover that for his career ERA+ 90 is, wait for it, below average.

Sorry to be the one.

LOL

Well, I guess, he had a career year last year, he sure passed the ole eye test for sure.

But, maybe if he walked more, then he would get more respect in OH. :beerchug1:

I was talking about his ineffectiveness all season (to include spring training).

Right. Shockingly, he may just not be that good. I know his record and ERA were pretty good last year. He was still a 1.6 fWAR pitcher. He's a guy who just isn't all that good and the margin for error is small.

Or, you could look at BBREF and discover that his career ERA+ 90 is, wait for it, below average.

Sorry to be the one.

My eyes bleed when I watch Bud Norris.

Right. Shockingly, he may just not be that good. I know his record and ERA were pretty good last year. He was still a 1.6 fWAR pitcher. He's a guy who just isn't all that good and the margin for error is small.

What??? Only 1.6 WAR? How can that be? The man had 15 wins. Say it ain't so.

What??? Only 1.6 WAR? How can that be? The man had 15 wins. Say it ain't so.

Well back when I played the game (little league) they didn't give trophies out to the kids with the highest WAR, they gave them out to the kids that won! (and smaller ones to everyone else)

Well back when I played the game (little league) they didn't give trophies out to the kids with the highest WAR, they gave them out to the kids that won! (and smaller ones to everyone else)

now, they give the same size to all the kids, no matter who won. SMH

So, this year Bud gets a participation trophy?

They just gave us a tin of chewing tobacco. Team that won it all got the good stuff.

Archived