Royals fans are stuffing the All-Star ballot box early

Frobby

Hosmer is a close second at 1B.

Infante tied for 1st at 2B (not sure if this is accurate; could it really be an exact tie, or is it a typo?).

Moustakas (3B), Escobar (SS), and Perez © all leading.

Cain and Gordon are 1st and 3rd in the OF voting, while Rios is 5th.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/06/jones-remains-fourth-among-al-outfielders-in-all-star-balloting.html

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reminds me of what the O's fans did a few years ago.

Good thing who starts in the All Star game is of so little importance.

What exactly did the O's fans do? Davis, Hardy and Jones all were elected, but all three had strong cases. This is on a whole 'nother level. Alex Rios has played in 8 games and he's 5th in the OF voting? Infante has a .568 OPS and is tied for 1st in the 2B voting? I will grant you that the other Royals position players have a case to make, but the voting is absurd. It's the kind of thing that will force MLB to take away the fan vote, if this holds up, which hopefully, it won't.

What exactly did the O's fans do? Davis, Hardy and Jones all were elected, but all three had strong cases. This is on a whole 'nother level. Alex Rios has played in 8 games and he's 5th in the OF voting? Infante has a .568 OPS and is tied for 1st in the 2B voting? I will grant you that the other Royals position players have a case to make, but the voting is absurd. It's the kind of thing that will force MLB to take away the fan vote, if this holds up, which hopefully, it won't.

I think you are forgetting that at this stage in the 2013 voting folks like Markakis and McLouth were pretty high amongst the leaderboards, as was Wieters.

Not much of a case for Hosmer to be anywhere close to 6 time All Star Miguel Cabrera at first and to have millions of votes more than 3rd place league leading BA, Prince Fielder (.359). Not much of a case for Moustakas over Josh Davidson (second place in the league 15 HRs and leading the league in RBIs with 39). Not much of a case for Alex Gordon (currently hitting . 273) over Jones. In addition to the absurdities you mentioned. If it turns out that 5 of 8 starting position players get voted in by KC fans...well, the ASG will have zero viewers and MLB will catch a lot of flak.

Yeah I saw that, crazy how many Royals are in the lead. I strongly believe each team should be represented but perhaps another voting method would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This time it counts!

If it's a lineup full of those jerk offs, I won't be watching.

Wait a minute... you watch the All Star Game? Wow, I didn't think anyone did that.

Won't forget Hosmer pounding his chest like he just broke 10 tackles in football after he hit a dying quail bloop double.

What's so wrong with doing a 12-minute choreographed dance routine after a 3-yard gain on 2nd and 7?

Let's just be happy for another organization that has a few decent players and will get more than the token one player. (Says the Orioles fan in the heart of KC). Wade Davis should also make it as a RP.

Archived