I like Mike Wright's attitude

wildcard

None of this "I felt good but didn't get the results," or "My pitches were good".

When asked how it went but said "We got the loss. I gave up 5 runs. Any time we score 4 runs we shouldn't lose." Straight forward. To the point. He understands he has to do better.

http://www.masnsports.com/media.php?show_id=2502033&p=

Agreed. I also like that he was visibly angry at himself when he gave up the big homer in the 3rd. He also admitted that he got too comfortable with the lead he had and was tossing get-me-over breaking pitches that they punished him for. Don't normally hear things like that.

None of this "I felt good but didn't get the results," or "My pitches were good".

When asked how it went but said "We got the loss. I gave up 5 runs. Any time we score 4 runs we shouldn't lose." Straight forward. To the point. He understands he has to do better.

Agreed. It's a far cry from the lame stuff we used to hear Arrieta and Matusz talk about after they got lit up.

I appreciate his "gamer" attitude, but the fact is, he was exposed as a pitcher by a much better hitting team than the Angels or Marlins.Almost every hitter in the Houston lineup can hurt you with a big HR and they did. Back to back. Im not sure Mike Wright is ready(nor was he ready) for canonization.He's still very green and unaccomplished.At best he's a place holder for Norris if Norris can find his way to throwing well again.

He had a bad inning that could have ended if that ball hadn't taken a wicked hop on Pearce. I'm not ready to call Wright the next #1 starter, but I would like to see him continue as a starter for a while longer. I'd much rather see him starting than Norris.

I appreciate his "gamer" attitude, but the fact is, he was exposed as a pitcher by a much better hitting team than the Angels or Marlins.Almost every hitter in the Houston lineup can hurt you with a big HR and they did. Back to back. Im not sure Mike Wright is ready(nor was he ready) for canonization.He's still very green and unaccomplished.At best he's a place holder for Norris if Norris can find his way to throwing well again.

I wouldn't say he was exposed I'd say he was having trouble commanding his FB and went too much with his off speed stuff. I was impressed with how he came back with two strong innings after his 5 R inning. No Arrieta he.

At one point, during the big inning, he got a bit flustered. But he settled down and I liked to see that.

Archived