Past off season and Dan Duquette/Blue Jays distraction.

kelsey59

I don't know. Sometimes I try to respond to him like he might actually have a conversation instead of playing the victim. Some of this stuff in his post was hilarious. Probably not his intention.

Pretty sure even the people that wanted Reimold on the team in spring have come around to it being ok he is in the minors.

He asked me about the offseason.

I responded.

MSK

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He asked me about the offseason.

I responded.

MSK

He asked you how with the assumed budget of 120 Million you would have altered your offseason as GM of the 2015 Baltimore Orioles. I'd still like to see that. And BTW, hindsight is a beautiful advantage. And no one, not you, not me, not his mom, was thinking that Mike Wright was the fifth best starter that we had this spring.

So you would put Wright in the rotation in the off-season? Based on what?

And why Bundy in the bullpen? After a blah season Back from TJ.

At some point, if the Orioles don't plan on spending money to improve holes, then they need to take chances on farm talent like a lot of other teams do from time to time to see what they actually have.

Why not take a chance on him?

MSK

At some point, if the Orioles don't plan on spending money to improve holes, then they need to take chances on farm talent like a lot of other teams do from time to time to see what they actually have.

MSK

During the offseason, and not knowing what you know now, you would have gone with Wright and Bundy? O.K. then. That is what he asked you.

MSK

So who would Wright have replaced?

Bundy, yes.

MSK

Why Bundy in the bullpen to start the year?

So you would put Wright in the rotation in the off-season? Based on what?

And why Bundy in the bullpen? After a blah season Back from TJ.

I was going to say if he say yes...it's just a lie. But I see he did. So I don't know what to say on that.

I guess hindsight really isn't 20/20 when you're blind to begin with.

I just think that I would be disingenuous if I were to say that I thought Travis Snider was a mistake this offseason. Also I would not be very honest if I were to say that I thought that we would be in last place on June 6. I would never have believed that Hardy would have been so completely awful. And I can't believe that we have gotten nothing from Kevin Gausman. I would have blown that prediction. For me to tell you otherwise would be for me just to lie.

I just think that I would be disingenuous if I were to say that I thought Travis Snider was a mistake this offseason. Also I would not be very honest if I were to say that I thought that we would be in last place on June 6. I would never have believed that Hardy would have been so completely awful. And I can't believe that we have gotten nothing from Kevin Gausman. I would have blown that prediction. For me to tell you otherwise would be for me just to lie.

I'm quite sure it would be off bounds for me to question a certain someones honesty and integrity, so I can't really comment on that.

I'm quite sure it would be off bounds for me to question a certain someones honesty and integrity, so I can't really comment on that.

That is what I said. So I don't know what to say. I know that I have been generally positive about most everything this offseason. So I am really not one to brag on my predictions of anything. But I would never have though to skip over starters four, five, six, seven and eight on our depth chart. To go with possibly nine or ten. that's like me saying that I knew A-Rod would be great.

I said last winter of Hardy, Markakis, Cruz, and Miller, the one I most wanted to re-sign was Hardy. If I'm wrong. obla di obla da. The defense has been much better with him in the middle.

I said last winter of Hardy, Markakis, Cruz, and Miller, the one I most wanted to re-sign was Hardy. If I'm wrong. obla di obla da. The defense has been much better with him in the middle.

That's how I am . If I guess wrong oh well. I'm no professional. Nor do I need to hold professionals accountable. My job is to watch the games.

Archived