Its a process of elimination - Roster decisions

wildcard

Service time in favor of Parmelee, Paredes, and Lough. Against Pearce and Young. So so on Snider and Reimold.

I understand that we have control over Snider for 2016. Is that the same for Reimold? How long would we have Parmalee for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Control over Snider and Reimold thru the 2016 season.

Parmelee for 3 or 4 years. I think someone said he will just miss a full year by when we called him up so I think he still has 2+ years, meaning we have him for another 4 after this year. David Lough for another 3-4 years after this one. Paredes another 4 years after this one. It's a big factor on who stays and who goes, IMO.

What are your thoughts sir. Who stays and who goes OFer wise?

My thoughts are Young, Snider and Pearce: someone has to go but I truly believe there will be 1-2 phantom injuries.

What are your thoughts sir. Who stays and who goes OFer wise?

My thoughts are Young, Snider and Pearce: someone has to go but I truly believe there will be 1-2 phantom injuries.

What's the last injury you can recall that could be considered questionable?

everybody always talks about phantom injuries and hiding players, but, I think its talked about more, than actually done.

What's the last injury you can recall that could be considered questionable?

everybody always talks about phantom injuries and hiding players, but, I think its talked about more, than actually done.

I know Weams doesn't think this doesn't happen but if you feel that way, I am not sure what to say:)

Garcia definitely.

Gonzo possibly.

Chen possibly.

Lough at beginning of season possibly.

Cabrera earlier in the season perhaps.

Garcia is a definite and I don't have the great memory from last year, but it happened a few times at least last year. If anyone remembers, please post.

Most teams keep 5 outfielders and we have 7 on the roster plus Paredes on the roster. Something gotta give, so we can expect either trades, DFA or outright release for at least two or more position players on the roster.

Our team plays in HR friendly Camden Yards, so the long ball is a good part of the game and weighs heavily into the consideration and I am looking at how players are performing now. There are several pressure points on the roster. One is some players coming back from the disabled list. Another is the two types of ?trade deadlines?. One trade ?deadline? is July 31- the last day players can be traded without going through waivers. Another trade ?deadline? is August 31- players traded after this data cannot play in the postseason.

Adam Jones?? obviously we keep the MVP and face of the franchise.

KEEP

David Lough?? Lough is our backup center fielder (Buck likes strong defense up the middle), our late inning defensive replacement, a pinch runner and one of our few speed guys. He offers some things that are not elsewhere on the roster.

KEEP

Chris Parmelee?? A new face who has been hitting strongly lately and plays adequate right field. We have been getting below average offense from the corner outfielders- here is one solution.

KEEP

Noland Reimold?? An older face but he is hitting the ball and healthy. More production from the corner outfield and adequate defense.

KEEP

Travis Snider??.. An expensive okay player who should be a 4th outfielder on a good team. Showcase, trade and dump salary. Try for one high-upside single or double A player.

TRADE

Delmon Young?.. Has never hit for a lot of power, but now not hitting for average either. Slow in the outfield- we?ve all seen a couple of balls go by him, although he surprises with an occasional outfield assist. There is no upside, the pinch-hitting role is Paredes for now or someone else later. Goodbye.

TRADE, DFA or release

Steve Pearce?? Last year?s hot bat has returned to average. He does play OF, 1B and even 2B so there is value as a utility player. However with Scoop coming back to 2B, Flaherty is then the utility guy and Pearce is expendable. Parmelee and even Flaherty can spell Davis at 1B, so Pearce can be traded for what the market may bring.

TRADE or DFA.

There you have it. There is some value to the players that will leave but there are only 25 active roster spots. If trades are worked out, you lose some value but will gain some value with high upside minor leaguers.

I know Weams doesn't think this doesn't happen but if you feel that way, I am not sure what to say:)

Garcia definitely.

Gonzo possibly.

Chen possibly.

Lough at beginning of season possibly.

Cabrera earlier in the season perhaps.

Garcia is a definite and I don't have the great memory from last year, but it happened a few times at least last year. If anyone remembers, please post.

Chen isn't injured. He was optioned.

Hey pal! Thanks for the effort but we got a nice long thread on the subject already. BTW, Travis Snider is making about 2.3M. I'd hardly call that an expensive player. Also, we only need to move two and you have us moving three. No need. Also, no mention of Jimmy Paredes. Also, Flaherty and Parmelee are both LH hitters so having Pearce as a RH 1B backup does add something. Plus, if you trade/DFA both Pearce and Young that leaves us one RH bat short if we want to load up on RH hitters against a LH pitcher. Over and out.

If you want to bring Danny up, as some have said, then you have to move 3 players.

Archived