Its a process of elimination - Roster decisions

wildcard

The O's still have 8-10 days to figure things out before Chen and Schoop reenter the picture. I think both Snider, Lough and Flaherty are safe, so during that time, Buck is going to give both Reimold an Parmelee extensive playing time to see if they really are good enough to replace Pearce and Young. Plus I'm sure they are looking at Parmelee as a possible replacement for Davis at 1B next year. And there is Paredes, a player without a defensive position, but whose bat keeps him in the lineup. Of course a trade could change everything.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the best line up v RHP

Manny 3B

Paredes DH

Jones CF

Davis 1B

Wieters C

Parmelee RF

Hardy SS

Snider LF

Flaherty 2B

v LHP

Manny3B

Riemold RF

Jones CF

Wieters C

Davis

Pearce LF

Delmon DH

Hardy SS

Schoop 2B

Don't need Lough.

This year, Caleb hits lefties better than Delmon. Use Wieters and Caleb vs. lefties and you don't need Delmon. Keep Lough as the defense dude.

This year, Caleb hits lefties better than Delmon. Use Wieters and Caleb vs. lefties and you don't need Delmon. Keep Lough as the defense dude.

Agreed. Wieters/Caleb (DH), Reimold/Pearce (OF) are all options that make Delmon Young expendable imo.

Like I said pages ago, the two most logical to go packing are Snider and Young. Somehow, I see Young surviving for his "mojo" and his PH resume. Snider is gone unless he gets real hot, real soon. Interestingly, it seems like Pearce has been the one getting the least amount of time lately.

Seems to be driving the ball more the past week or so. Don't like his swing but I love the guys approach up there. I'd stick with him. For me it would be Young, but who knows what the organization thinks. Pearce can just assume Young's roll as LHP platoon guy (plus bench/utility guy) for the time being. Gotta believe our GM is going to do the right thing here (imo anyways).

Why is Snider better in LF than Reimold against a RHP? For that matter, he's not clearly better than Lough either.
I want to see Reimold a bit more before I pencil him in as a full time starter. It has been mentioned here that he can't even play more than 4 games a week anyway. Lough can't hit period. At least Snider can get on base and he is no worse a fielder than Reimold.

I kinda wanted to start a thread about this, but I didn't. However, let me pose a question:

Would it surprise anyone to see the O's put Adam Jones on the DL while they try to sort out some of the roster movement? There's more to it than just the immediate 2-3 day future. Our organization has a track record for letting info regarding a bigger issue to trickle out very slowly. Case in point: Matt Wieters 2014. If you follow this team, you had to know in your heart of hearts that he was heading for TJ surgery from the very first time you heard about "a bit of forearm/flexor pain" that they were trying to work through. Wouldn't surprise me if AJ was more than a little weary.

Now, I certainly don't think this would be a speculative "phantom DL trip," because I think he's legitimately dinged up. What I do wonder is if they're willing to DL him with the Toronto series looming, and what games he'd miss before he'd be eligible to return.

On the plus side, if he did sit for a while, it would give DD a lot more time to figure out the Snider/Lough/Reimold/Young/Pearce/Parmelee logjam. I think the cons far outweigh the pros in this scenario, as I think it goes without saying that you have to play AJ if he's able to go, but this organization is not afraid to make any move available to them to shape the roster.

I kinda wanted to start a thread about this, but I didn't. However, let me pose a question:

Would it surprise anyone to see the O's put Adam Jones on the DL while they try to sort out some of the roster movement? There's more to it than just the immediate 2-3 day future. Our organization has a track record for letting info regarding a bigger issue to trickle out very slowly. Case in point: Matt Wieters 2014. If you follow this team, you had to know in your heart of hearts that he was heading for TJ surgery from the very first time you heard about "a bit of forearm/flexor pain" that they were trying to work through. Wouldn't surprise me if AJ was more than a little weary.

Now, I certainly don't think this would be a speculative "phantom DL trip," because I think he's legitimately dinged up. What I do wonder is if they're willing to DL him with the Toronto series looming, and what games he'd miss before he'd be eligible to return.

On the plus side, if he did sit for a while, it would give DD a lot more time to figure out the Snider/Lough/Reimold/Young/Pearce/Parmelee logjam. I think the cons far outweigh the pros in this scenario, as I think it goes without saying that you have to play AJ if he's able to go, but this organization is not afraid to make any move available to them to shape the roster.

I do not believe Jones will DL with his current injuries. No.

It sounds like he will be out tomorrow. Why mess with what isn't broken?

Young and Pearce have to get in there i would think? Pearce at 2b.

So who goes now?

To me, Young or Snider still make the most sense. Not ready to give up on Pearce unless we get a decent prospect which is unlikely.

Time is a ticking....

I still put my $ on phantom injury.

Kick that can....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can just keep rolling with the 6 man pen for a bit. Especially since Wright and Gausman can both be optioned for fresh arms right after their starts on Fri/Sat.

Ha, I think we might have a winner....

someone will get hurt at some point. book it. Pearce is a good sport...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived