Its a process of elimination - Roster decisions

wildcard

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think one spot is between Snider and Parmelee. The other one I really don't know about. They could try some more roster juggling to delay things.

This is the obvious redundancy, and if it's that simple then I don't see how we don't keep Parmelee.

I don't think it's that simple though. I think Dan and probably Buck are thinking about next season right now too, and we are going to need LH power to replace Davis and Weiters. Other than Parmalee and Snider, is there any LH power in the Orioles organization that we retain the rights to for next season?

I think both Parmelee and Snider get much more rope here than Pearce or Young, and at least as much as Parades and Lough.

That's correct. Still a 7 man bullpen. We'll need to go back to 5 starters next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wright, Wilson, Gonzalez, Guasman, TJ, and Chen all have options. Maybe they could work out a shuttle.:laughlol:

I know Norris and Davis are not real beat reporters, but they were doing their review of the roster and the bodies, and they said looking at the last three month and maybe a lefty might be the likely candidate to be gone and if its a choice between Young and Pearce then maybe Pearce would be the odd man out.

I don't believe that DD thinks these guys are all the same. I think they go with what they think is the optimum 2nd half team. If they can't get anything for Delmon Young but can get something for Remold I don't believe they move Reimold and keep Young. Same for Parmelee vs. Snider.

So far throughout Lough's career is hits better in the 2nd half: .284/.324/.395/.719. I would get rid of Young. He doesn't offer anything that Wieters/Joseph/Pearce can't provide. If you can make a trade for something of value for one of the others (including Lough) that so be it.

I know Norris and Davis are not real beat reporters, but they were doing their review of the roster and the bodies, and they said looking at the last three month and maybe a lefty might be the likely candidate to be gone and if its a choice between Young and Pearce then maybe Pearce would be the odd man out.

I'd be surprised if it was Pearce, but it could happen. It'd have to wait until Schoop is back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that if Parmelee can establish himself, and so far he looks really good, I would look to trade Davis for some value beyond a comp pick. Parm and Pearce can handle 1sr base, and I like both of those guys offensive games better than Davis. SD is desperate for a LH power hitter, I would shop Davis pretty hard going forward.

Kein Weinman of 105.7 says he thinks it could be Paredes who's the odd man out.

Has to be just speculation. He is starting to hit again after his slump. Not at his ridiculous hit streak level, but still good. The long term control is key. The Orioles can't be giving up on cheap controllable talent, especially on the offensive side.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Has to be just speculation. He is starting to hit again after his slump. Not at his ridiculous hit streak level, but still good. The long term control is key. The Orioles can't be giving up on cheap controllable talent, especially on the offensive side.

On the other hand I don't think Buck loves being handcuffed by an offense only DH. He likes being able to move guys around, and a DH that can only really hit righties is not very flexible. I'd love to hang onto Paredes and hopefully they get rid of Young first, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Paredes go.

One thing I think we can agree on is Parmalee isn't going anywhere. He's hitting the snot out of the ball, looking surprisingly good in the outfield, has a strong minor league pedigree, and is currently the best option we've got for first base in 2016. ,

Could be. Just hard to believe they will jettison a guy who was a chief component of the offense last year, is more versatile than Young, has more tenure with the team, and still has the higher offensive upside, AND they will have to eat more money, potentially. Young has looked bad, particularly as a PH, lately. Despite his assists, his play in RF has been uneven. Reimold's addition to the team means one should go eventually just as Parmelee's addition should mean the same for Lough or Snider (or even Paredes).

I agree, Pearce would the easy choice to stay for me. However, it's clear to me that the organization really likes Young despite what I perceive as a sub-replacement level player.

Archived