Francoeur says "We owe those guys an ass-whuppin to be honest with you."

Bigbie03

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it wasn't for how terrible the Phillies are Franc wouldn't be in the majors right now.

It's a gift just to be able to play in MLB... but that said, it has to suck to know that you are at the exact talent level where the worst teams in the league are the only ones that will hire you. I know these guys are competitive, they have the desire to win... but not the talent needed to get on a team that is capable of doing so.

Good on him for saying it, he had every right to. However, maybe they could have stepped up and stopped getting their rear ends handed to them last night, which would have kept Francouer from ever having to pitch. Or better yet, stopped getting their rear ends handed to them this entire season.

I must have missed something. The Phillies got clobbered yesterday, but do they have any reason to feel aggrieved towards the O's? It's not like we were stealing bases against them in the late innings. It sucks for Francoeur that he had to throw 2 innings, but that's his manager's fault.

I must have missed something. The Phillies got clobbered yesterday, but do they have any reason to feel aggrieved towards the O's? It's not like we were stealing bases against them in the late innings. It sucks for Francoeur that he had to throw 2 innings, but that's his manager's fault.

I don't think anyone was aggravated at the O's, including Francoeur. Like any competitor who gets embarrassed, he wants to do it back to them. Certainly can understand that.

I don't think anyone was aggravated at the O's, including Francoeur. Like any competitor who gets embarrassed, he wants to do it back to them. Certainly can understand that.

Agreed. If you read the whole article, it is clear that Francouer didn't mean his comment as a shot at the Orioles.

Now let's go give them another ass-whuppin'.

I can't believe this team has a $143 mm payroll. What a holy mess.

Archived