Our pending free agents

primetime

Hey I wanted to KEEP MILLER, but lets be realistic the O's didn't over pay last year and just because those $$$ come off the books doesn;t mean teh O's will now magically overpay for O'Day. JMHO ;)

I wanted to keep him too, but they knew they still had O'Day, so with their payroll, while they can't keep both, doesn't, they can't keep one of them.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine Wieters playing pretty much like this the rest of the way. He gets a lot more than McCann.
And he might just be worth it. Wieters is a switch hitter, he has shown that he can play catcher and throw runners out with his rebuilt throwing arm. If he keeps up simililarly to what he's doing now, Angelos certainly has the money to retain him.

And he might just be worth it. Wieters is a switch hitter, he has shown that he can play catcher and throw runners out with his rebuilt throwing arm. If he keeps up simililarly to what he's doing now, Angelos certainly has the money to retain him.
PA has the money to pay Trout/Stanton. He doesn't have the will. Forget Wieters.

Both of them. Angelos certainly has the money to do so. Let the others walk.

Sadly he has had the money to do a lot of things, I wouldn't bet on Weiters coming back. I couldn't care about the rest of the guys leaving, but man it would hurt to lose Weits

I get what you're saying, Gordo and I don't have any remote belief that we would be able to (or want to) retain all of our pending FAs. Even if we wanted to do so, the odds simply aren't realistic.

On the flip side, aren't the odds of losing all 10-11 pending FAs equally as unrealistic?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I would try my best to fit them both in.

As Weams has said, the key to the 2016 payroll, might be the MASN decision finalized.

Take this the right way but anybody who thinks the MASN $$$ will create a sudden increase in the O"s payroll is well delusional.

I'll be thrilled to be dead wrong about that too. ;)

Do you believe that PA will allow all of our FAs to walk. Does Angelos believe in retaining any FAs?

Well I believe all walk but there is a chance with O'Day depends on what his market peaks at I fear it will be more then the O's want to pay.

Take this the right way but anybody who thinks the MASN $$$ will create a sudden increase in the O"s payroll is well delusional.

I'll be thrilled to be dead wrong about that too. ;)

But, look at it this way. The uncertainity of the MASN dispute, and how maybe, depending on the ruling, might cost the Orioles $$$$ and impact their current payroll.

Those FA may cost 53 M this year but next year the ones we would consider having back will cost a lot more. Next year think something like:

C Caleb/Clevenger

1B Parmelee/ Walker

2B Schoop

3B Machado

SS Hardy

LF ???/Snider

CF AJ

RF Alverez

DH Paredes

Flaherty

Lough

Urretia

Pearce

Welcome back to the start of another 10 consecutive losing seasons. That is a pretty lackluster offense.

Archived