Drum beat a little louder for Cubs deal

wildcard

If the trade goes through, rynomites will be back in a couple months praising Roberts
Roberts makes the Cubs a better team plain and simple. You put K Fuke in the 2 hole followed by Soriano, Lee and Rameriz that's a preety scarry lineup. I think the Orioles will make out in the deal also you guys need pitching and you will get it from the Cubs. I also think Colvin will be in the deal instead of Ceda that's just a hunch I have.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roberts makes the Cubs a better team plain and simple. You put K Fuke in the 2 hole followed by Soriano, Lee and Rameriz that's a preety scarry lineup. I think the Orioles will make out in the deal also you guys need pitching and you will get it from the Cubs. I also think Colvin will be in the deal instead of Ceda that's just a hunch I have.

I don't know if anyone's posted this about the Tigers wanting Mike Wuertz from the Cubs but if so and Brandon Inge is included a deal for Chone Figgins is definately possible cause Anaheim wants a 3rd baseman back in return and Inge fits the bill. That would possibly leave Andy with his tail firmly between his legs which he deserves at this point.

IT appears to be a highly speculative article. Something we would put out just because he knows that there might be a trade between the teams, so he is looking for all the small details and seeing if there is a method to the madness.

Funny thing is, I misread the first part of the article, I thought "the = a". Stupid me.

Felix Pie still hasn't proven he can hit major-league pitching, so I can't think of a worse spot to bat him than in front of the pitcher

I don't know if anyone's posted this about the Tigers wanting Mike Wuertz from the Cubs but if so and Brandon Inge is included a deal for Chone Figgins is definately possible cause Anaheim wants a 3rd baseman back in return and Inge fits the bill. That would possibly leave Andy with his tail firmly between his legs which he deserves at this point.

I can't see anyone giving up much for Inge. He's not a great hitter and he's still owed app. $18 million over the next 3 years. Inge's value comes in his versatility. I'm a big DeRosa fan, but I would think LAA would prefer DeRosa over Inge if there's a trade.

Oh Yeah. Thats the ticket. That leaves that idiotic MacPhail with one of the games premier leadoff men and second baseman instead of a bunch of question marks, or worse, a headcase starter with an awful contract.

Wrong. Roberts has zero to do w/ Pie. The cubs have turned their focus away from roberts & are instead looking at a right hand alternative in center to platoon w/ pie. Oh...& they are also rumored to be heavily involved w/ Felipe Lopez who has been playing 2B in spring training & could also lead off. Hendry is on record saying the cubs do not have the budget for both crisp & roberts so if you see crisp come over or lopez...you can close the books on the cubs being a suitor for you and I don't see anyone else making offers for roberts. It appears McFail is outthinking himself on this one.

If the trade goes through, rynomites will be back in a couple months praising Roberts

He'll be back in a couple months, but only to say we're stupid for trading Roberts for so little and that he hopes we enjoy last place.

/knows a thing or two about trolls

Wait a minute- Inge "fits the bill" for the Angels ? :confused:

But, Figgins doesn't ? :confused:

Detroit hasn't been able to give away Inge to this point. But, LAA is going to part with Figgins, their current starting 3B to downgrade ?

OK. :confused:

Andy deserves his tail "firmly" between his legs at this point?

LOL. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute- Inge "fits the bill" for the Angels ? :confused:

But, Figgins doesn't ? :confused:

Detroit hasn't been able to give away Inge to this point. But, LAA is going to part with Figgins, their current starting 3B to downgrade ?

OK. :confused:

Andy deserves his tail "firmly" between his legs at this point?

LOL. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I can't wait for this BRob stuff to be over, one way or another...That way these trolls, err i mean Cubs fans, can go away and watch their team have another season where they fail to deliver a championship.

I can't wait for this BRob stuff to be over, one way or another...That way these trolls, err i mean Cubs fans, can go away and watch their team have another season where they fail to deliver a championship.

I wish you would stop lumping all us Cub fans together because of one who I disagree with.

Archived