Oriole International Signings 2015

Can_of_corn

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't have any real hope for any of them do we?

As a collective group I have a moderate amount of hope that there is some degree of impact at the major league level.

I have zero hope for any of the Cuban signings. I am not sure I was joking when I made the crack about there being an agreement between Angelos and the Castro brothers.

It's pretty disheartening to see a team spend over 40 million AND collect four minor leaguers out of the international signing period.

You say reporter I say employee of the team.

I think he was the one mentioned because he is the only one with anything close to anything to talk about.

He is the one with actual game stats. I'm sure the scouts have flowery things to say about all of the 16 year-olds as well.

He is the one with actual game stats. I'm sure the scouts have flowery things to say about all of the 16 year-olds as well.

I have seen a bunch of the top guys, as well. Lots of talent; very far away. The top 16 year olds LOOK like top 16 year olds. None of them are "Bryce Harper at 16 -- this kid is going to be a monster" good right now. That's what makes a player like Harper so special.

Right....being critical of the one guy we actually have information on means we think the whole collection are worthless. :rolleyes:

Well I wasn't even commenting on the whole bunch since I did not even bother to look for info on the others. As far as the guy I was mentioning, he was mediocre with the Cuban team. So he would have to find himself to be anything more than AAA filler.

Well I wasn't even commenting on the whole bunch since I did not even bother to look for info on the others. As far as the guy I was mentioning, he was mediocre with the Cuban team. So he would have to find himself to be anything more than AAA filler.

Probably true. I don't expect much from any of them.

Archived