This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

Yet another reason why the Eduardo Rodriguez trade was terrible. If Tillman doesn't get his act together, the Orioles will only have three reliable starting pitchers going into next year. The Oriole might have to overpay for two veteran starting pitchers. If nothing else, Rodriguez would have improved the depth of the starting rotation and been a very good insurance policy in case Tillman doesn't return to form.

While I agree with you, that's a funny thing for a guy with your screen name to say.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I agree with you, that's a funny thing for a guy with your screen name to say.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Padres?src=hash">#Padres</a> are reportedly gauging interest in James Shields on the trade market: <a href="http://t.co/DuqhDDcISA">http://t.co/DuqhDDcISA</a> <a href="http://t.co/YzYNOWXWEm">pic.twitter.com/YzYNOWXWEm</a></p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

">July 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So soon James?

Yet another reason why the Eduardo Rodriguez trade was terrible. If Tillman doesn't get his act together, the Orioles will only have three reliable starting pitchers going into next year. The Oriole might have to overpay for two veteran starting pitchers. If nothing else, Rodriguez would have improved the depth of the starting rotation and been a very good insurance policy in case Tillman doesn't return to form.

Anyone else find it slightly ironic that the person named "Theres No Such Thing as a Pitching Prospect" is very irked that the Orioles traded just such a non-prospect for an effective MLB reliever for the stretch run?

Anyone else find it slightly ironic that the person named "Theres No Such Thing as a Pitching Prospect" is very irked that the Orioles traded just such a non-prospect for an effective MLB reliever for the stretch run?

I asked him what his previous user name was but he won't tell me.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how the freed-up money is spent. Extension for Manny? Bringing back Wieters? Going after one big bat? sprinkling around to some mid-level pieces intended to be 2-4 year fits? It'll be very interesting. "Dread" is the wrong word for me, personally, but I'm definitely anxious to see a more long term plan in place.

Currently I am thinking:

Extend manny

Sign wieters

Something at one of the COF spots (we have a few guys under control for 2016 but maybe one is dealt)

I think they go into the season with a rotation of Tillman-ubaldo-gonzo-gausman-bundy/wright/Wilson/McFarland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, uh, yes...

He doesn't come off as new to the board.

I've been trying to pinpoint the agenda.

Very strong to the multiple posts and thread starting for someone just arriving here from a Twitter link. No idea if there even was agenda. I just wanted to know who they were.

I don't care they traded Rodriguez per se. I'm not even sure he'll be as good as some people think he'll be. I'm just ticked they traded him for a rental reliever with no prospects of resigning here. There's a ton of question marks regarding the starting rotation in 2016. Rodriguez could have been a valuable trade chip the Orioles could have used in a trade package to secure a top of the rotation starting pitcher to stabilize the rotation. Rodriguez would have been a nice backup policy to have when Tillman and Norris were imploding and Gausman was on rehab building his innings back up. As for my username, it refers to building a farm system around these guys and counting on them to succeed in the big leagues. Having Rodriguez around for depth and insurance is not the same thing.

Very strong to the multiple posts and thread starting for someone just arriving here from a Twitter link. No idea if there even was agenda. I just wanted to know who they were.

Those are some damning accusations with no proof. I'm a long time lurker but I've never been a member of this board until now. If you want to trace my IP address or whatever, go right ahead.

I don't care they traded Rodriguez per se. I'm not even sure he'll be as good as some people think he'll be. I'm just ticked they traded him for a rental reliever with no prospects of resigning here. There's a ton of question marks regarding the starting rotation in 2016. Rodriguez could have been a valuable trade chip the Orioles could have used in a trade package to secure a top of the rotation starting pitcher to stabilize the rotation. Rodriguez would have been a nice backup policy to have when Tillman and Norris were imploding and Gausman was on rehab building his innings back up. As for my username, it refers to building a farm system around these guys and counting on them to succeed in the big leagues. Having Rodriguez around for depth and insurance is not the same thing.

What possible difference could it make if Miller was willing to resign with the O's?

ERodriguez was a fallen prospect, that could have been trade for the moon the offseason before he tanked for us in 2014. His rocket ship is all Red Sox. Just like Jake and the Cubs.

What possible difference could it make if Miller was willing to resign with the O's?

None. It's just something folks toss out. They think that a player will fall in love with a team and teammates and sign a friendly. And then they think they can amortized the expense in prospects. But they can't.

Archived