vs. NATIONALS, 7/10

OFFNY

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll shut up after this, but I believe this. Nelson Cruz on this team THIS year means first place IMO.

He wasn't going to play for us. Neither are Wieters, Davis, and Chen after this year. Such is the life. Two years from now, Nelson Cruz's contract will be a big deadweight anchor on Seattle that they won't be able to move and that will limit their flexibility and keep them from the playoffs- aka Ryan Howard, etc. etc. DD has to keep us moving- can't overspend on guys like Nelson Cruz.

He wasn't going to play for us. Neither are Wieters, Davis, and Chen after this year. Such is the life. Two years from now, Nelson Cruz's contract will be a big deadweight anchor on Seattle that they won't be able to move and that will limit their flexibility and keep them from the playoffs- aka Ryan Howard, etc. etc. DD has to keep us moving- can't overspend on guys like Nelson Cruz.

Their budget is larger than ours and Cruz isn't costing mega money. If he plays like this next year, it's not a bad signing.

Awesome game by Pierce tonight. 2K's a double play and a missed line drive that coulda lost the game

Very few people are going to hold on to that line drive; it was a miracle he even got his glove to it. Had that ball been going 3 MPH faster off the bat, it would have made a sonic boom.

The hitting criticism though is right on the mark. I would love to get 2014 Pearce back (or even a moderately hitting Pearce) but I don't think that's going to happen.

Very few people are going to hold on to that line drive; it was a miracle he even got his glove to it. Had that ball been going 3 MPH faster off the bat, it would have made a sonic boom.

The hitting criticism though is right on the mark. I would love to get 2014 Pearce back (or even a moderately hitting Pearce) but I don't think that's going to happen.

UT Pearce is 32 and a journeyman with one good half year.

Someone told me the Orioles were thinking about a bold move for Johnny Cueto.Anyone else hear that?

I heard that Johnny Cueto's elbow was held together with string and if We made a bold move for him Dan would be considered an idiot. Otherwise I love the idea.

Archived