vs. NATIONALS, 7/10

OFFNY

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very few people are going to hold on to that line drive; it was a miracle he even got his glove to it. Had that ball been going 3 MPH faster off the bat, it would have made a sonic boom.

The hitting criticism though is right on the mark. I would love to get 2014 Pearce back (or even a moderately hitting Pearce) but I don't think that's going to happen.

Gotta give him a chance to play everyday then! There's nothing to lose. He's better than Parmalee, Reimold, and Snider right now and his upside is also higher if he does hit like he has the previous 2 years.

TOR guys need more than 1 run a game.

Scherzer hasn't twice this year, Price didn't the other night, Greinke hasn't twice this year, Felix Hernandez didn't three times this year, etc. etc. And not only shutouts, but when they need to shut down a team like in that fifth inning- they shut them down. Our guys typically give it back.

Every hitter tonight has pulled the ball or struck out trying to pull the ball. Isn't some of this down to the hitting coach? Or do they just not pay attention to him?

It's really painful when one of your strengths is the back end of the bullpen but you're never ahead late in the game.

Scherzer hasn't twice this year, Price didn't the other night, Greinke hasn't twice this year, Felix Hernandez didn't three times this year, etc. etc. And not only shutouts, but when they need to shut down a team like in that fifth inning- they shut them down. Our guys typically give it back.

But those guys are far and few.Scherzer did not pitch well in his last start. Tillman is not one of this guys.What is Tillman's ERA?

I will put my money with DD's call and see if we end up better than Seattle....yes, indeed.

I think it is an interesting question as to whether the net cost:value of buying four years of Nelson would have been greater than whatever deadline deals we make this year. I mean is it ever the smart play to willingly sink two to three years of future costs for current production if you are a middling market team like the O's? It is probably an impossible question to answer except in idiosyncratic retrospect.

None of our guys are Price, Greinke, Kershaw or Hernandez and neither is Johnny Cueto

It seems like very hitter tonight has pulled the ball or struck out trying to pull the ball. Isn't some of this down to the hitting coach? Or do they just not pay attention to him?

It's really painful when one of your strengths is the back end of the bullpen but you're never ahead late in the game.

Archived