Hold or Sell but FTLOG Don't Buy

FanSince88

The only way they wouldn't do better than two expiring contracts would be if Duquette was the only GM in MLB unaware that Puig had warrants for his arrest and extradition out in 26 different countries. (Just so no confusion, I have no knowledge of high crimes or misdemeanors committed by Puig in any country. It was just a scenario that would lead to the Dodgers trading Puig for three wins worth of value.)

He once drove very quickly in Florida with his mother in the car.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He once drove very quickly in Florida with his mother in the car.

I don't think it was a class A felony though. But you know what I think of speeds in excess of 120 mph.

The process of "Buying and Selling" is quite campy and popular in some circles but it is closer to "code" for something else than a real advancement of a team's current status or future fortunes.

I don't think it was a class A felony though. But you know what I think of speeds in excess of 120 mph.

I was just up in Canada and saw several signs that said if you are caught driving 50 km/hr (32 mph) over the limit the fine is $10,000, they'll take your car and presumably not give it back, and you're arrested on the spot. Of course the greater risk is that if you hit anything going 120 mph there's a very good chance both you and your passenger(s) will die. Maybe that's not a tradin' for pennies-on-the-dollar offense, but it shows a pretty serious lack of judgment and maturity.

Ed Encina

I talked to a source who confirmed that the Orioles have internally discussed whether they should consider trading Chris Davis this month. Ultimately, they decided no, or certainly not while the team is in spitting distance of the playoffs.
There’s also been some talk among fans that the Orioles could dangle Davis to a team that had an ace, maybe throw in something extra, to get a guy like Johnny Cueto or Cole Hamels. But why would a club that has given up want a pending free agent?

The only scenario I could envision involving Davis being dealt is in August, if he clears trade waivers. Because by then the Orioles might have a better idea as to whether they have a chance at another postseason. But, again, the price in return would have to exceed the value of a high draft pick in 2016.

I see no way Wei-Yin Chen or Matt Wieters are dealt before July 31 and neither would clear trade waivers, in my opinion.

It's due diligence to discuss trading your assets. I'm surprised by this. And I am sure if the next ten games don't go well that they have already gaged interest from other teams.

They have decided that is not this team. So they are doing there due diligence in other areas and not exploring things that the have decided against. It's not like they have unlimited opportunity to focus on dead ends.

How about a three-way deal.

Astros get Chen

Phillies get two prospects from Astros plus Hunter Harvey

O's get Hamels

If the Astros are giving up prospects, why wouldn't they just trade directly for Hamels, who is better than Chen and under contract for several more years?

If the Astros are giving up prospects, why wouldn't they just trade directly for Hamels, who is better than Chen and under contract for several more years?

Because getting Hamels requires those two prospects plus Harvey. The two prospects alone wouldn't be enough.

Zach Davies looked brilliant at the futures game. I am sure someone will want him.

Any chance we want him? Guy has a 2.70 ERA and 1.25 WHIP.

I'm with the OP. Do not be buying in a big way. THe team either gets it together and at least gets a wild-card or doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. It's not like we are 1 piece away from being the World Series favorite.

Let's just get in the playoffs and roll the dice.

I'd much rather have won the division by 8 games last year and have Erod for the next 5 years than to have had Miller and won it by 12.

Archived