What does Buck mean with this quote

TouchemAll

I think that is a huuuge assumption. Banking on a AA guy (who was a SS 2 years ago) with one MLB appearance under his belt to replicate the production of guy who's had an ERA of below 2.3 and decreased significantly each year since 2012

I didn't say replicate, you did. I said he would get the job done, but maybe not as well. And exactly what would they be banking on him to do? It's not like O'Day has had a ton of meaningful outings lately. Besides, it's likely to be his job next season anyway. Might as well give him a head start.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck: "You can't wallow around in self-pity. There's too many challenges. ...We won two of the three series played on the road." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">July 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sometimes I go about in pity for myself, and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

Ojibwe saying

From Roch:

Showalter said he doesn't know what the rest of the division will do at the non-waiver deadline. It's not his concern.

"I have a pretty good idea what we're going to do and not do, but we can't sacrifice integrity of trying to compete long-term," he said. "We kind of know who we are and we know who we aren't, and that's important. That's something we've really be able to do the last four or five years, understand who we are and how we have to do it."

Himmm? Sellers?

This should make folks happy because it sounds like we won't be raiding the farm system.

Wieters on a 16 or 17 million one year deal? I'd absolutely take that especially given the general financial flexibility next year.

If a veteran catcher comes off a year-long DL stint and Boras is their agent, they don't take one-year QO's where they risk getting injured again. They take the longest, most expensive deal they can get, and give themselves some security.

Wieters on a 16 or 17 million one year deal? I'd absolutely take that especially given the general financial flexibility next year.

I would take ANY player taking the QO, FIRST to take the QO. One year at umpteen bucks is fine with me, every time!

If a veteran catcher comes off a year-long DL stint and Boras is their agent, they don't take one-year QO's where they risk getting injured again. They take the longest, most expensive deal they can get, and give themselves some security.

I wasn't saying I think he will take it. I was implying making a QO is win-win for the O's. Context!

Is a late 1st round or 2nd round pick worth risking 17M tied into a player who isn't a difference maker?

Have to see how the year plays out of course, but I'd guess there would be less than a 2% chance he'd take the offer figuring reasonable health and a fair year. Worth the "risk" imo.

$17million (about 15% of team budget) for a part time catcher hitting under .240? Seems the O's can better allocate funds in more productive areas.

Archived