Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hunter for Lake looks like a dump to me!

To me it just shows how limited DD in what he can do because of ownership. So in order to take on salary, he had to get rid of salary. Tommy Hunter might not be worth his contract, but he's giving you a Tommy Hunter type season. As in, he's having the type of season you expected him to have when you initially tendered him.

As a fan and season ticket holder, it really irks me that Angelos would rather pocket money than win. And he is. The nats have been getting hosed in the MASN deal and look at their payroll.

To me it just shows how limited DD in what he can do because of ownership. So in order to take on salary, he had to get rid of salary. Tommy Hunter might not be worth his contract, but he's giving you a Tommy Hunter type season. As in, he's having the type of season you expected him to have when you initially tendered him.

As a fan and season ticket holder, it really irks me that Angelos would rather pocket money than win. And he is. The nats have been getting hosed in the MASN deal and look at their payroll.

I'd rather have Givens get innings. The off chance that Lake harnesses his talent is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Lake. We're going to be looking at Jones in CF next year with

Snider

Reimold

Lough

Lake

Alvarez

Urrutia

The usual depth signings(Pearce, Delmon, 4A guys).

...in LF/RF.

This may not be an offseason like the past several. Duquette has maybe $40M to play with. There will probably be a lot of backlash from formerly friendly places if they go into '16 with a payroll a lot smaller than it is today.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/140155822/jim-callis-ranking-the-best-traded-prospects

Best of the rest

11. Sean Manaea, LHP, Athletics (from Royals in Ben Zobrist trade)

12. Jacob Nottingham, C, Athletics (from Astros in Scott Kazmir trade)

13. Miguel Castro, RHP, Rockies (from Blue Jays in Tulowitzki trade)

14. Michael Fulmer, RHP, Tigers (from Mets in Yoenis Cespedes trade)

15. Cody Reed, LHP, Reds (from Royals in Johnny Cueto trade)

16. Zach Bird, RHP, Braves (from Dodgers in three-team Latos trade)

17. Matt Boyd, LHP, Tigers (from Blue Jays in Price trade)

18. Casey Meisner, RHP, Athletics (from Mets in Tyler Clippard trade)

19. Zach Davies, RHP, Brewers (from Orioles in Gerardo Parra trade)

20. Josh Hader, LHP, Brewers (from Astros in Gomez/Fiers trade)

#9 is Rob Kaminsky, LHP, Indians (from Cardinals in Brandon Moss trade). He is described as a potential #3 starter. I don't know what the drop-off is between #9 and #19 but I assume it's #4-5 type potential.

Notably, only one position player is listed in the second ten. Lots of pitching prospects moved.

This may not be an offseason like the past several. Duquette has maybe $40M to play with. There will probably be a lot of backlash from formerly friendly places if they go into '16 with a payroll a lot smaller than it is today.

Yes, I'm very curious to see how they spend money this off season. After raising the payroll to an all time high, I don't see them drastically slashing it (although a negative outcome in the MASN case could have an effect).

This will be an unusual offseasonm by Oriole standards.

I was watching tonight's highlights on mlb.com. Duquette's interview. One of the tags on the video was "Penske." I don't know what that is... but the page has a lot of videos on it, many GMs or just ML broadcasters talking about the trade deadline from many team's perspective. A lot of good stuff.

http://m.mlb.com/video/search?mlbtax=vtp_transactions&tagName=Penske

I was watching tonight's highlights on mlb.com. Duquette's interview. One of the tags on the video was "Penske." I don't know what that is... but the page has a lot of videos on it, many GMs or just ML broadcasters talking about the trade deadline from many team's perspective. A lot of good stuff.

http://m.mlb.com/video/search?mlbtax=vtp_transactions&tagName=Penske

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/bal/video/topic/33965510/v316214383/detbal-gm-duquette-on-trades-for-parra-and-lake

Penske is the ad.

Jon Heyman included the Orioles in his Trade Deadline Winners and Losers column, declaring the Orioles a winner.

8. Orioles: Gerardo Parra is having a big year and makes a reasonable $6 million and change. Yet, the Brewers must not have found the market that great for him. He is hitting .328, after all. One interested team even had the nerve to suggest that Milwaukee pay some of his underpriced contract. At least Baltimore is paying the freight, though pitching prospect Zach Davies doesn't quite seem like enough

Archived