O's discussing blockbuster with the Padres for Upton?

SamsHorn

MLB.com says O's better hurry on trading for Justin Upton! They said the O's are lucky

the Angels got Victorino instead of Upton.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/139085044/top-5-trade-destinations-for-justin-upton

Hahaha...this is the perfect strategy. Preller desperately needs to offload quite a few guys and for sure justin Upton.

Wait it out and you can get a bargain trade.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hahaha...this is the perfect strategy. Preller desperately needs to offload quite a few guys and for sure justin Upton.

Wait it out and you can get a bargain trade.

I don't see that happening. He can get the draft pick for Upton and just leave everything in place hoping his team somehow catches fire.

I don't see that happening. He can get the draft pick for Upton and just leave everything in place hoping his team somehow catches fire.

Or he could try to save his owner the $5 o $6 million Upton is owed for the remainder of the season. Maybe that doesn't matter to the Padres in 2015... but history tells us that it does.

Or he could try to save his owner the $5 o $6 million Upton is owed for the remainder of the season. Maybe that doesn't matter to the Padres in 2015... but history tells us that it does.

O's may have 5+ picks next year. We can offer our competitive balance round pick. Not many teams can do that. Then they get their pick, save some money, and maybe a prospect all for a rental of a player that isn't going to make a difference for them.

@Britt_Ghiroli: "We don't have an Eduardo Rodriguez to trade this year." -Buck Showalter #Orioles #MLB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So organization shouldn't get upset when scouts, evaluators and publications say the Os system is lacking

Remember when the OH started a 20 page thread based on a rumor that was so blatantly obviously never ever in a million years going to actually happen?

Yeahhhh.....

I remember one with Matt Kemp too... While I now it's probably not going to happen, I always get sucked into these things lol

Oh god that Matt Kemp one was so bad.

And yeah I'm not judging, I'm here reading and hoping for it, too. The trade deadline is just getting more and more stupid each year though it seems.

Although we did get Andrew Miller out of nowhere last year... So there's that

Who's upset? I think the O's know their farm system isn't great.

There was something written right after draft about organization being upset over grades the system was given.

If you are going to give the line of "we don't have an Eduardo Rodriguez to trade" or "everyone wants schoop, Machado"...can't have it both ways...

There was something written right after draft about organization being upset over grades the system was given.

If you are going to give the line of "we don't have an Eduardo Rodriguez to trade" or "everyone wants schoop, Machado"...can't have it both ways...

Where was THAT written and who is "The Organization?"

Um, I think Roch said it.

one of beat reporters mentioned it...so might have been roch indeed.

Roch tweets too much for me to go back and dig it up if it was in fact him but good memory someone mentioned how Os brass was upset about some article and system evaluations

Archived