Should Morneau get one in the ribs?

tim27

He didn't do anything outside of the rules but he definetly threw an elbow. If a guy takes out a 2nd baseman during a double play that isn't wrong either but it deserves retaliation.

I don't think plunking a guy on purpose is "definetly wrong." There's a time and a place for everything. For me, this is a time I'd have it done.

Who cares? DC throws a lot harder than anybody they've got.:D And I don't consider what Mornaeu did to be nothing. He made gratuitous contact with Bako, imo. I realize this is all a matter of opinion, I'm just expressing mine, and I respect if yours is different.

My opinion is different.....yours is childish thinking. It was a clean play, just as most others here have expressed....and as Cokeman said, retaliation might just get an O's player hurt.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bako is the definition of replacement-level catcher. If he's hit by a bus today the difference between him and Castillo is too small to measure. If Castillo gets hit by a bus tomorrow the difference between him and Whiteside is too small to measure. If Whiteside gets hit by a bus day after tomorrow I'm sure Geronimo Gil or Jeff Tackett will be willing to pick up the baton and give that ol' .580 OPS a go.

So I take it you have no problem with the O's obtaining Bako, merely the inflated salary they paid for him?

My opinion is different.....yours is childish thinking. It was a clean play, just as most others here have expressed....and as Cokeman said, retaliation might just get an O's player hurt.

My opinions different from yours so mine is childish?:rolleyes: I see you've been taken lessons at the SG finishing school for etiquette.

So I take it you have no problem with the O's obtaining Bako, merely the inflated salary they paid for him?

Probably more like "Who cares if Bako gets hurt; there are a million Bakos where this one came from" than "I wish we would use a player similar to Bako but cheaper as our backup catcher"

No, there are better players out there, and if they'd tried a bit harder they could have found and obtained one.

With a player like Bako they have limited the possibility of taking a hit if he's hurt, since there are dozens of Bako equivalents available for little more than a used batting practice jersey. Quite literally there is an almost endless suppy of catchers of his ability.

Both players did exactly what they were supposed to do. If Pay-Rod had flattened Arroyo at 1B, rather than trying to b***h-slap the ball out of his hand in that notorious play at first, he too would have been doing what he was supposed to do. This isn't rec league softball. Contact in these situations is expected. No payback is required, but our guys should be looking to blow up their catcher if presented with the same circumstance.

My opinions different from yours so mine is childish?:rolleyes: I see you've been taken lessons at the SG finishing school for etiquette.

To suggest retaliation over something like this is, IMO, childish thinking....kind of like hitting your little brother because he took a sip of your kool-aid. The problem is, when children grow up to become adults, and still want to retaliate, they start wars.

To suggest retaliation over something like this is, IMO, childish thinking....kind of like hitting your little brother because he took a sip of your kool-aid. The problem is, when children grow up to become adults, and still want to retaliate, they start wars.

Thank you for the more courteous response this time. The imo makes a world of difference, imo.:) Look, some people just play the game differently. Do you think Ozzie Guillen is a bad manaager? Cause I almost guarantee he'd retaliate. IMO, Morneau made gratuitous contact with Bako; he threw his elbow- admittedly at the glove, but the result is that he decked our catcher. I have no problem if anyone feels it was a clean play or that retaliatioin is a bad option, or that doing it w DC is worse still. All valid points. For me, however, I'd do it. That's all.

I haven't gone through this entire thread, but am I the only one who saw Bedard go high and inside to Morneau his next time up after the collision? Also, the second pitch, the one Bako let bounce off his glove and cost us a run, was also high and tight. Bedard was a little off his game last night, but I thought those pitches had some purpose to them! Just my opinion!

So says "age-not-shown-in-Hangout-profile" tim27 regarding aged 29 ChrisP.

OriolesJim? Is that you?? :rolleyes:

Witchy

Don't know OriolesJim. I'm younger than 29 however.;)

I meant that as a joke. To suggest that because I believe Morneau deserves a little chin music tonight I am somhow representative of society's ills is pretty hilarious imo. We should just go back to the ideals this country was founded on, like slavery, genocide, and a woman knowing her place.

Thank you for the more courteous response this time. The imo makes a world of difference, imo.:) Look, some people just play the game differently. Do you think Ozzie Guillen is a bad manaager? Cause I almost guarantee he'd retaliate. IMO, Morneau made gratuitous contact with Bako; he threw his elbow- admittedly at the glove, but the result is that he decked our catcher. I have no problem if anyone feels it was a clean play or that retaliatioin is a bad option, or that doing it w DC is worse still. All valid points. For me, however, I'd do it. That's all.

Absolutely.

Archived