Any Interest in Dombrowski if DD leaves?

brianod

I'm not against DD, I think you are confusing me with someone else. I don't demand perfection from anyone. DD has been a good GM, I am disappointed in a lot of the moves but that doesn't mean I'm anti DD

I know you aren't. I just think some media folks have perpetuated the Duquette wants to leave dialog when it was only ever, Duquette wants the pot 'o gold that he has been offered. Which has been withdrawn.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not leaving. I wish people would get this. NEVER was leaving.

I guess people were distracted...

The problem is, some posters have to play the blame game, which is why you see so much more negativity on DD this season, than last season, hard to find fault when the team is 20 games above .500.

Buck is the guy that really helped turned this club. DD and AM both helped in different ways but let's not pretend Buck isn't the main reason for the turnaround.

How can you pretend there are other facts, when the whole premise is an opinion? It's interesting that Buck was the manager in 2011, pre-Duquette, and the Orioles won 69 games. I guess its possible that, with another manager, the '11 Orioles would have won 50.

Did he stash the good MiLers in an offshore facility or something?

One of the big differences between the 2012-15 Orioles and the 2000-2010 Orioles is that the recent team often acquires journeyman bit players and has them contribute to a winning team. The older Orioles ended up with Paul Bako, Corey Doyne, Victor Zambrano, and Rob Bell.

I have always been a big Dombrowski fan. I really admire what he did in Montreal and Florida.

I have been somewhat disappointed that Dombrowski seems to have lost his small market roots and did not develop a top draft and develop network in Detroit. Dombrowski played the large market GM well and was fortunate to work for a local, deep pocketed owner who felt it was a civic responsibility to spend what was necessary to win for one of the rust belt cities hardest hit by the Great Recession.

Dombrowski brought to Detroit a very good assistant who once interviewed for the Orioles GM position, Al Avila. I think Avila is a very good baseball man and would be interested if there was a spot for Avila in our current senior management under DD.

If the Orioles make the playoffs, Duquette will look good for staying the course and fielding a competitive team through the end of the season.

If they don't, we will have missed a golden opportunity to restock the farm system by trading away impending free agents.

Our organization is already weaker after trading away two young lefties with upside (who are having great seasons) in exchange for an OF who had a few above average months in the majors, and the jury is still out as to whether or not the Parra deal was a good idea.

I know it's not going to happen, but I'd rather Duquette go to Toronto and have Dombrowski come to the Orioles after the season.

I have always been a big Dombrowski fan. I really admire what he did in Montreal and Florida.

I have been somewhat disappointed that Dombrowski seems to have lost his small market roots and did not develop a top draft and develop network in Detroit. Dombrowski played the large market GM well and was fortunate to work for a local, deep pocketed owner who felt it was a civic responsibility to spend what was necessary to win for one of the rust belt cities hardest hit by the Great Recession.

Dombrowski brought to Detroit a very good assistant who once interviewed for the Orioles GM position, Al Avila. I think Avila is a very good baseball man and would be interested if there was a spot for Avila in our current senior management under DD.

Aliva is the new Detroit GM. He replaces Dombroski long term. He wont be stepping into a smaller role.

Peter Caparro

PA will not pay $7M per year for a President. He doesn't even have one at the moment. What does he pay Dan Duquette to be a GM? 1.5M/yr is my guess. Dan signed that contract and PA will hold him to it through 2018. JMO

Dombrowski leaving the Tigers is about two things. Dave wants more money and the Tigers owner is not happy about his Tigers being sellers at the deadline while there are several big contracts on the team. JMO.

Now Dombrowski will get his money somewhere. The Tigers have a cheaper President.

Archived