vs. MARINERS, 8/10

OFFNY

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I just checked.  Not looking good for Kjerstad to get ABs consistently with us over until 5/10.  We're scheduled to face two lefties in the Cinncy series with some off days after. Our next few games, 5/1 - NYY Gil RHP (Being up 2-0 we might trot out the regulars to take this series) 5/2 - NYY Rodon LHP 5/3 - at Reds unter Greene (Here's a chance) 5/4 - at Reds Abbott LHP 5/5 - at Reds Lodolo LHP 5/6 - off 5/7 - at Nats Williams RHP (Another chance) 5/8 - at Nats Parker LHP  5/9 - off If Kjerstad doesn't play tonight then he's really only got two chances to start until 5/10.  If we do decide to bring back Hicks it looks like he'd replace Kjerstad and start some over the next few games.  Mckenna would eventually get DFA'd for Hays' return.  But not trying to start another Hicks debate.  We'll see what the lineup looks like tonight.    
    • It's pretty interesting how many fans really are just content with a simple vibe change from Angelos. The vibe change is nice! I'll agree on that.  But... come on. DR will get his flowers when they're warranted, and not before. Don't know what's wrong with that kind of thinking. I'm not hating on the guy. Just not gonna be a pollyanna about him before he's even done anything. 
    • I've never been big on recordings, it's usually quiet enough by first pitch I can just pull the game up live on a laptop and be able to watch close enough to know what is going on.  If we play a weekday day game though I'll usually watch the replay later despite already knowing the result. 
    • I hope they got the stubs for that one! 
    • This is pretty silly, especially on the heels of the Angelos family that had absolutely no feel for marketing, the fanbase and fun.   I don't think Gunnar, Adley, Westy and the rest are being pushed out of the spotlight due to a 30 second marketing clip.  
    • That, and everything has to have some meaning.  Everything has to have some message behind it.
    • Exactly. This is not an unreasonable take for a fanbase that is traumatized from decades of poor ownership. Perfectly reasonable to want to see evidence of change that isn't just marketing-related. The marketing is being used to build a positive relationship with fans, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just want to see more. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now