vs. Twins 8/23

weams

I don't like Schoop playing that deep with Rosario up. He's regularly sub-4.1 to first (I had him 4.02 on that one), so the added range your giving yourself isn't going to matter anyway -- you aren't throwing him out from the OF grass...

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You simply cannot put a runner on to start an inning with a 1 run lead. YOU JUST CANT.And this is on Britton because if he hustled down the line he would've gotten that runner.

And Britton should be extra aware of the need to cover first base because of all of the weak grounders he allows.

I don't like Schoop playing that deep with Rosario up. He's regularly sub-4.1 to first (I had him 4.02 on that one), so the added range your giving yourself isn't going to matter anyway -- you aren't throwing him out from the OF grass...

Probably just wanted to keep grounder from reaching outfield with tying run at second.

As dumb as I consider the 2nd wildcard (playing 1 more game after 162 for a playoff berth...etc), there is no way anyone would be thinking playoffs without it. So in this type of season, you're glad you have any opportunity to play meaningful baseball in October.

Archived