Tim Dierkes of MLBTR predicts Davis contract of 6/144

mdbdotcom

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be that as it may, they're still going to require something like Gausman and Schoop if not more. The guy was basically as valuable as Machado last year, they're not giving him away.

I'm sure we could find some deal. He'll be getting expensive.

I think signing CD at 6/144 when you have the starting pitching we have is borderline insanity. Especially when you consider in the past 4 years, he has had 2 sub 2.0 WAR years. Last but not least, sluggers tend to age less gracefully.

I love CD and would love to see him back but not at the expense of addressing the SP. If the O's resign him and trot out KG, Ubaldo, Miggy, Tillman and a mediocre FA signing at pitcher, I promise you that is a 90 loss team.

Give me Pearce at first and 2 SP of good/decent quality in a deep SP market. You can likely do that for around the same AAV price as giving CD 6/144 and signing a meh SP. Top that off with the fact you likely will not have to commit 6 years to any Pearce or 2 SP's....much prefer that.

I think signing CD at 6/144 when you have the starting pitching we have is borderline insanity. Especially when you consider in the past 4 years, he has had 2 sub 2.0 WAR years. Last but not least, sluggers tend to age less gracefully.

I love CD and would love to see him back but not at the expense of addressing the SP. If the O's resign him and trot out KG, Ubaldo, Miggy, Tillman and a mediocre FA signing at pitcher, I promise you that is a 90 loss team.

Give me Pearce at first and 2 SP of good/decent quality in a deep SP market. You can likely do that for around the same AAV price as giving CD 6/144 and signing a meh SP. Top that off with the fact you likely will not have to commit 6 years to any Pearce or 2 SP's....much prefer that.

The easy way out for DD would be to sign Davis to a 25M AAV contract, and then use what's left of his 40 marbles to dumpster dive at all the other holes he needs to fill. All the whining doomsday people would be happy because we made a big splash and have a big bopper in the MOO.:rolleyestf:

The easy way out for DD would be to sign Davis to a 25M AAV contract, and then use what's left of his 40 marbles to dumpster dive at all the other holes he needs to fill. All the whining doomsday people would be happy because we made a big splash and have a big bopper in the MOO.:rolleyestf:

Agreed. Also agree it would be monumentally stupid

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived