Tim Dierkes of MLBTR predicts Davis contract of 6/144

mdbdotcom

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Putting aside for a moment that contracts like the one guessitmated have severely eroded my interest in professional sports...

...Davis has been too erratic to justify such a huge commitment.

Shoot...wait until you see Bryce Harper's free agent contract!

I do agree with you about it, though. But, no one's holding a gun to these owners' heads to agree to these deals. I guess when all the cable money dries up and people can't afford to pay for tickets any more, there could be serious repercussions.

Putting aside for a moment that contracts like the one guessitmated have severely eroded my interest in professional sports...

...Davis has been too erratic to justify such a huge commitment.

Not to mention his vulnerability should there be another positive drug test.

A middle lineup of:

3 Manny

4 Davis

5 Jones

6 Schoop

That would not be bad. Plus, your infield defense should still be solid with Hardy at shortstop. It still leaves holes at corner of, and to the sp, but it would be a good starting point with approx 20-30 mil left to spend

they went 81-81 with that lineup. Status quo is not progress. Unless they have dominant starting pitching, which they won't have. They can add a top hitter and pitcher, either from within or without.

they went 81-81 with that lineup. Status quo is not progress. Unless they have dominant starting pitching, which they won't have. They can add a top hitter and pitcher, either from within or without.
Add Span and Zobrist at one and two, and you have something, but you are spending 40 M + before you have addressed he primary need, SP.

Missed the playoffs by 4 games with the one of the worst rotations in baseball. The lineup had their problems but with Machado and Schoop getting older it has room to improve on it's own. We just need to add a few role player types.

Not the Nationals? Or are they just sticking with Zimmerman? Seattle with Dipoto. Astros. Boston. Cardinals. Pirates. Toronto.

Let's start by thinking who can afford 6/144m and who needs Davis.

Nationals- Nope. Zimmerman contract is iron clad.

Seattle - Maybe. They have done crazier things. But does Davis want to go to Seattle?

Astros - Nope. Too rich for their blood. They have AJ Reed to replace Carter and they like Gattis at DH. Chen and O'Day are more the guys they need.

Cards - Nope. Just won a 100 games. They have never given out a contract of that size and will not for Davis. They might go 6/120.

Boston- Nope. Big spending will be on starters. Ramirez will be very hard to move.

Pirates - Nope. Who is kidding who. The Pirates don't sign those kind of contracts.

Toronto - Nope. The have Encarnacion, Smoak and Collabello. They lead the AL in runs. Don't need more offense. The need pitching with Buehrle, Estrada and Price free agents.

Not the Nationals? Or are they just sticking with Zimmerman? Seattle with Dipoto. Astros. Boston. Cardinals. Pirates. Toronto.

Let's start by thinking who can afford 6/144m and who needs Davis.

Nationals- Nope. Zimmerman control is iron clad.

Seattle - Maybe. They have done crazier things. But does Davis want to go to Seattle? Dipoto is not talking like a big spender. http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/more-comments-from-new-mariners-general-manager-jerry-dipoto-on-team-needs-free-agency-vs-trades/

Astros - Nope. Too rich for their blood. They have AJ Reed to replace Carter and they like Gattis at DH. Chen and O'Day are more the guys they need.

Cards - Nope. Just won a 100 games. They have never given out a contract of that size and will not for Davis. They might go 6/119.

Boston- Nope. Big spending will be on starters. Ramirez will be very hard to move.

Pirates - Nope. Who is kidding who. The Pirates don't sign those kind of contracts.

Toronto - Nope. The have Encarnacion, Smoak and Collabello. They lead the AL in runs. Don't need more offense. The need pitching with Buehrle, Estrada and Price free agents.

The first two months of the season my buddy and I debated whether the O's would extend a QO given his early struggles. I also said they would but CD has come a long way if he gets that contract, which he probably will. It's a tough environment for us to stay relevant.

Archived