Tim Dierkes of MLBTR predicts Davis contract of 6/144

mdbdotcom

Let's start by thinking who can afford 6/144m and who needs Davis.

Nationals- Nope. Zimmerman control is iron clad.

Seattle - Maybe. They have done crazier things. But does Davis want to go to Seattle?

Astros - Nope. Too rich for their blood. They have AJ Reed to replace Carter and they like Gattis at DH. Chen and O'Day are more the guys they need.

Cards - Nope. Just won a 100 games. They have never given out a contract of that size and will not for Davis. They might go 6/119.

Boston- Nope. Big spending will be on starters. Ramirez will be very hard to move.

Pirates - Nope. Who is kidding who. The Pirates don't sign those kind of contracts.

Toronto - Nope. The have Encarnacion, Smoak and Collabello. They lead the AL in runs. Don't need more offense. The need pitching with Buehrle, Estrada and Price free agents.

What about all the teams that could sign Davis for RF? I don't think that is out of the question. Cubs and Giants could be spenders too as well as the Mets, they could certainly use more offense

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about all the teams that could sign Davis for RF? I don't think that is out of the question. Cubs and Giants could be spenders too as well as the Mets, they could certainly use more offense

I think teams will look a Heyward and Upton in the outfield before Davis. Look for the Cubs and Giants to be big spender on starters like Price, Zimmermann.

I think teams will look a Heyward and Upton in the outfield before Davis. Look for the Cubs and Giants to be big spender on starters like Price, Zimmermann.

I think there are 10-15 teams that could conceivably be in on Davis. Tough to write anyone off. Now I don't expect more than three or four suitors when it gets down to it, but it only takes two to drive the price up.

I think there are 10-15 teams that could conceivably be in on Davis. Tough to write anyone off. Now I don't expect more than three or four suitors when it gets down to it, but it only takes two to drive the price up.

Name the team or teams you think will go 6/144 for Davis.

Name the team or teams you think will go 6/144 for Davis.

One or zero teams will go 6/144 on Davis. Teams that conceivably can? Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Rangers, Astros, Angels, Mariners, Mets, Nationals, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants. I count 13.

One or zero teams will go 6/144 on Davis. Teams that conceivably can? Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Rangers, Astros, Angels, Mariners, Mets, Nationals, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants. I count 13.

So you are saying you think Davis goes for less than 6/144?

One or zero teams will go 6/144 on Davis. Teams that conceivably can? Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Rangers, Astros, Angels, Mariners, Mets, Nationals, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants. I count 13.

Why would the Cubs sign Davis? I don't see that at all. Do you really think that the Nationals would eat Zimmerman's contract? In fact, I don't see a very strong likelihood for any of those teams.

SEA could really use Davis. They have money. The Cardinals were willing to offer Pujols 10/200 M+, they might not shy from 6/144 M for Davis. If BOS can move HanRam by eating some of his salary, they could do it. They have plenty of money.

Why would the Cubs sign Davis? I don't see that at all. Do you really think that the Nationals would eat Zimmerman's contract? In fact, I don't see a very strong likelihood for any of those teams.

Looking at the Cubs roster it would seem unlikely they would make a run at Davis, but they would have the payroll flexibility. The Nationals will be looking to add offense. Davis could play RF or 1B for them. Zimmerman cannot stay healthy and either can Werth.

SEA could really use Davis. They have money. The Cardinals were willing to offer Pujols 10/200 M+, they might not shy from 6/144 M for Davis. If BOS can move HanRam by eating some of his salary, they could do it. They have plenty of money.

Red Sox priority is finding an ace and boosting the pen.

http://m.redsox.mlb.com/news/article/154338902/dave-dombrowskis-priority-is-red-sox-pitching

Cards want Heyward back.

http://m.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article/154584148/cardinals-interested-in-jason-heyward-return

But will they go 10/180m? It might take at least that.

Looking at the Cubs roster it would seem unlikely they would make a run at Davis, but they would have the payroll flexibility. The Nationals will be looking to add offense. Davis could play RF or 1B for them. Zimmerman cannot stay healthy and either can Werth.

Cubs, Dodgers, Yankees Giants and Red Sox will be in on Price and Grienke. Whoever signs them will not be in on Davis.

Red Sox priority is finding an ace and boosting the pen.

http://m.redsox.mlb.com/news/article/154338902/dave-dombrowskis-priority-is-red-sox-pitching

Cards want Heyward back.

http://m.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article/154584148/cardinals-interested-in-jason-heyward-return

But will they go 10/180m? It might take at least that.

If STL doesn't want to go 10/180 for Heyward then maybe they would prefer 6/144 for Davis. A lot more offense at less money and years. And maybe they won 100 games but they didn't get past the Cubs, and Cubs and the Pirates aren't going away. They might just like a little extra thump. And don't forget SEA. He's getting paid and not by the O's. They won't go 6/144 or any where near that. They have other more pressing needs.

Archived