The importance of a J.J. Hardy bounce-back

Frobby

I wonder if this was a precursor to what happened, or if it was just a coincidence ???

He said his limp was due to a sore calf and he had a few blisters on his heel. Then he said he always limps. A sore calf and blisters are not a "precursor" to fracturing his foot with a foul ball.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardy was worth 1.0 rWAR, 0.5 fWAR in 22 games before his injury. Exactly the kind of bounce back I was hoping for, and it was paying big dividends for the team. I hope this is more like 4-6 weeks and less like 6-8 weeks.

Hardy was worth 1.0 rWAR, 0.5 fWAR in 22 games before his injury. Exactly the kind of bounce back I was hoping for, and it was paying big dividends for the team. I hope this is more like 4-6 weeks and less like 6-8 weeks.
I had a hair line fracture in my foot. I was still walking around. I don't think it will be 8 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

(MAY 2nd)

And now, the Orioles have to play without his services for at least a month-and-a-half.

(MAY 11th)

The Orioles have been holding up fairly well in Hardy's absence.

They have another 5 weeks to go until he gets back.

Come on Flaherty, you can do it.

• 2 weeks later...
We all are. Alvarez's bat and glove have holes in them. Flaherty's bat does, too.

The ball off Alvarez's glove was a tough play and then he made a decent play right after. I think I am fine suffering with Alvarez at 3b then watching Flash bat in critical situations any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ball off Alvarez's glove was a tough play and then he made a decent play right after. I think I am fine suffering with Alvarez at 3b then watching Flash bat in critical situations any longer.

Fact: Ryan Flaherty has accumulated more WAR than Alvarez over the last three seasons (0.8 to 0.5). It's very much up in the air whether Alvarez is even a better player than Flaherty.

He's a butcher over there, man. And he just isn't hitting. At least Flaherty gives you some defense.

That said, I'd prefer Janish.

Alvarez could have easily had two errors. The ball he stepped in front of Machado, and then the ball he magically kicked to his himself.

So basically every ball hit to him. I don't know if he even makes that catch when MW gunned out Correa on the steal attempt at 3rd.

Archived