The importance of a J.J. Hardy bounce-back

Frobby

And that's what I like about you. No BS, just business. But considering how big he was to the club from 2011-2014, it's no surprise they extended him

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Middle infielders don't age well and he already had back issues.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think JJ is done. he did have a bounce back once before, but he was younger then.
Is Range Factor a meaningful defensive metric?

I see out of 23 qualifying ML SS's Hardy was 21st in range factor, which supports my eye test that he doesn't cover much ground. The O's were also at the bottom of the league in turning DP's

IMHO Hardy will be below replacement level for the remainder of his contract, the only question is how far below, and when the O's bench him and/or eat his contract.

2-run HR for J.J. Hardy. Third HR in three days. No reports of poor range that I've heard.

Remember a couple years ago when our great defense could mask our mediocre starting pitching? Guess what - it ain't there anymore, and the mediocre starting pitching got worse - maybe a lot worse.

But we will hit a lot of homers - maybe set some records. And chicks dig that.

Remember a couple years ago when our great defense could mask our mediocre starting pitching? Guess what - it ain't there anymore, and the mediocre starting pitching got worse - maybe a lot worse.

But we will hit a lot of homers - maybe set some records. And chicks dig that.

It ain't there with Davis, Schoop, Hardy and Machado our starting infield and Joseph catching? And Jonesy has improved in CF too.

I'll give you the starting pitching though. Could be really really bad.

Archived