Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we're moving Gausman then we are rebuilding and we should put Manny on the market too, along with Jones, and Schoop.

You can keep Manny still and Solar and Baez would be cheap and both controlled into 2020. Solar has a great contract at just 4 million a season for the next 5 years is a steal. If you put a tam around Manny, Schoop, Baez and Solar you have a heck of a core to build around that is already major leage caliber now. You may look to move Jones if you can add some top pithing prospects though.

The Cubs have interest in Gausman and have asked the O's about his availability. I would move Gausman for a few outfield prospects.

They'd have to be pretty darn good for me to be interested. We could end up with a rotation of something like Tillman/Ubaldo/Gonzo/Worley/Matusz. :(

I guess we could go to the three-man rotation Bill James wrote about recently.

I think the Cubs will do backflips if they get Gausman for either. Wonder if they try to expand -- both sides have pieces for it.

I was thinking something along the lines of Britton, Gausman and a mid prospect for Solar, Baez and Castro. Then ship Castro to the Mets for Niese or another deal.

What do you recommend? Would something like Soler, Schwarber, and Baez for Gausman, Britton, Hardy work?

I don't think so. Cubs have no use for Hardy or the owed money. I don't know -- I'm sure there are varying strong opinions in both organizations about the value of Soler/Baez/Gausman, in which case it comes down to whose voice is the loudest at each table.

For me personally? I like Baez > Soler and believe in Schwarber's bat and future at 1b/dh. I'm a McKinney guy too. I'm not a Soler guy, though I respect the power.

We should be looking at bleeping Adam Lind but we never do. :angryfire:

We probably have. They wanted Bundy. That's where the "Brewers interested in Bundy came from".

The Cubs have interest in Gausman and have asked the O's about his availability. I would move Gausman for a few outfield prospects.

The cubs have identified a new market inefficiency. Acquiring pitchers that used to pitch for the O's. Wouldn't it be ideal if we just overpaid there pitching development guy to come to baltimore. That would cost less than a million.

We should be looking at bleeping Adam Lind but we never do. :angryfire:
Lineup

C Wieters

1B Trumbo

2B Schoop

SS Hardy

3B Manny

LF Span

CF Jones

RF Solar

DH Baez though rotating him in the outfield some as he is playing there in winter ball

SP Tilman

SP Ubaldo

SP Niese

SP Gonzo

SP Fister

Niese should be viewed as nothing more than a salary stuff. He'd be a 4.5 ERA guy at best in the AL East. Plus he's projected to make like 9 million this year.

Archived