April 10, Game 1, at Texas

NCRaven

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was about to say the same thing. They should just have Angel's feed over the TV broadcast.

Radio's usually best. Except for replays. But with all the satellite stuff, they're always out of synch with TV unless you're right there...

That is not 100% true. Sometimes it is a lot easier for the SS to throw the ball to second. Even the 3b if they are ranging to their left to get the ball.

You rarely see the player safe at second on an out to end the inning. Players usually know if they have a chance to get the out or not.

Ok, there could be a rare situation where going to second is a lot easier than going to first for a 3B. However, in that case it was too close for comfort and Melvin wasn't at some odd angle so he should have gone to first for the sure out.

Ok, there could be a rare situation where going to second is a lot easier than going to first for a 3B. However, in that case it was too close for comfort and Melvin wasn't at some odd angle so he should have gone to first for the sure out.

A rare case?

I doubt it. A lot of 3b go to second for a force play to end the inning. If they field the ball going towards second, it is a lot easier to throw to 2nd than all the way across the field. It doesn't need to be an odd angle to throw to second.

A rare case?

I doubt it. A lot of 3b go to second for a force play to end the inning. If they field the ball going towards second, it is a lot easier to throw to 2nd than all the way across the field. It doesn't need to be an odd angle to throw to second.

It's always somewhat easier because it's a shorter throw. However you have to be sure you're going to be able to get the runner. The more sure play is at first in almost every case because the batter doesn't move to first as fast as a runner who was leading off first gets to second. If it's close, you have to go to first unless there's some really pressing reason not to.

Archived