ERA in April under Showalter

Bahama O's Fan

Nobody made the playoffs that year. Your stating that they did not make the playoffs is misleading. The Yankees having the best record in the American League 2/3 of the way into the season does not seem all that arbitrary.

If you didn't not count that 1994 season, then it would be 26.67 % of the time, or 4 out of 15, instead of 5 out of 16.

And yes, I am not counting the season in which Showalter inherited a team with a record of 47-77, and finished the season with that same team at 34-26. That is not arbitrary whatsoever, unless you were going out of your way to undermine him.

No, it is simply being accurate.

I like being accurate.

You go to Buck's BR page and it shows 17 years managing, four playoff appearances.

I'm simple when it comes to facts.

I'm certainly not going to assume his '94 team would have made the playoffs. Teams have collapsed before.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like being accurate.

You go to Buck's BR page and it shows 17 years managing, four playoff appearances.

I'm certainly not going to assume his '94 team would have made the playoffs. Teams have collapsed before.

No, you are not being accurate.

Your assertion that the Yankees did not make the playoffs in 1994 when no team made the playoffs is nothing short of a lie. There were no playoffs to be made that season.

And if you want to assert that Buck "failed to make the playoffs" in a season in which the team was 32-73 when he inherited it, go right ahead. Nobody with any rational thinking would take you (or that assertion) seriously, though.

Your assertion that the Yankees did not make the playoffs in 1994 when no team made the playoffs is nothing short of a lie.

Careful now.

Careful.

If no team makes the playoffs than no team makes the playoffs.

You really should let this go.

It was 34-26. I think maybe you missed some Samuel numbers.

I had the 34-26 correct.

It was the other part that I had wrong, but since have amended.

I originally stated that Showlter inherited the team with a record of 47-77, when in fact they were 32-73 when he took over.

Thanks, though. ;)

I had the 34-26 correct.

It was the other part that I had wrong, but since have amended.

I originally stated that Showlter inherited the team with a record of 47-77, when in fact they were 32-73 when he took over.

Thanks, though. ;)

It is 34-23, here.

If I mistyped it the second time I am sorry.

I like being accurate.

Your assertion that the Yankees did not make the playoffs in 1994 when no team made the playoffs is nothing short of a lie. There were no playoffs to be made that season.

And if you want to assert that Buck "failed to make the playoffs" in a season in which the team was 32-73 when he inherited it, go right ahead. Nobody with any rational thinking would take you (or that assertion) seriously, though.

Careful now.

Careful.

If no team makes the playoffs than no team makes the playoffs.

You really should let this go.

You're either being a ball-buster or a jerk.

If you wanted to get on my nerves, congratulations, you did.

If you really believe that the nonsense that you are spewing as though it has any real merit, then your reasoning is much more arbitrary than anything that I said ...... which was your initial assertion about what first stated.

You're either being a ball-buster or an a-hole.

If you wanted to get on my nerves, congratulations, you did.

If you really believe that the nonsense that you are spewing as though it has any real merit, then your reasoning is much more arbitrary than anything that I said ...... which was your initial assertion about what first stated.

Sorry if actual facts offend you.

The simple way to fix this is for you to place right out in front all the assorted conditions you want to place on the data set right from the beginning. Once I know what you want to use as your version of reality we can go from there.

The simple way to fix this is for you to place right out in front all the assorted conditions you want to place on the data set right from the beginning. Once I know what you want to use as your version of reality we can go from there.

You would agree a year with zero playoffs would be a null season in calculating percentages though. Right?

You would agree a year with zero playoffs would be a null season in calculating percentages though. Right?

Since it is a non playoff season it could not be used as part of the denominator for the equation. I mean no playoffs exist right? Right? Or is my math bad?

Facts don't offend me.

You are lying by omission by asserting that the 1994 Yankees did not make the playoffs, when in fact there were no playoffs that season. Or are you going to tell claim ignorance, and say that you are unaware of this concept (lying by omission)?

Rain Man/Dustin Hoffman might agree with you about the Yankees not making the playoffs in 1994, and therefore a failure of Showalter to reach the postseason that year.

Anybody with even a modicum of reasonable thinking would not.

I would say that you should be clear in what you are counting from the get go.

Something like In full seasons, Buck has reached the playoffs XX% of the time.

If you just say Buck has reached the playoffs XX% of the time than you are, to me, courting confusion if seasons exist that technically count but you object to.

Facts don't offend me.

You are lying by omission by asserting that the 1994 Yankees did not make the playoffs, when in fact there were no playoffs that season. Or are you going to tell claim ignorance, and say that you are unaware of this concept?

Rain Man/Dustin Hoffman might agree with you about the Yankees not making the playoffs in 1994, when in fact, there were no playoffs.

Anybody with even a modicum of reasonable thinking would not.

You just had to go and call me a liar.

Twice.

I let the first one go.

Archived