Nothing is better than going into Boston and breaking all of their new toys on Opening Day

Barnaby Graves

I don't know how much more momentous an April win can be. With Gallardo matched up against Price, and the whole Papi's-last-OD thing in the background, the Orioles overcame in one of the toughest and most emotionally charged games I can remember. That was a true classic. If it happened in a September pennant race you'd talk about it the rest of your life.

I love this team's plate approach, I'm stunned at the professionalism of their at-bats. Schoop and Machado have matured noticably, but can you believe Joey Rickard? Going up against a pitcher as fearsome as Kimbrel (granted he was off his game today), he took a ton of close pitches and should've been walked. Only finally struck out swinging through on a hard middle-middle fastball.

What a great way to go 6-0.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet bleacherreport ranks us a mediocre 17th in MLB in their power rankings, far below such amazing teams as the 2-3 New York Mets. I guess early game wins in the regular season don't count to the media. They won't rank the Orioles highly until after we have 90 wins in the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how much more momentous an April win can be. With Gallardo matched up against Price, and the whole Papi's-last-OD thing in the background, the Orioles overcame in one of the toughest and most emotionally charged games I can remember. That was a true classic. If it happened in a September pennant race you'd talk about it the rest of your life.

I love this team's plate approach, I'm stunned at the professionalism of their at-bats. Schoop and Machado have matured noticably, but can you believe Joey Rickard? Going up against a pitcher as fearsome as Kimbrel (granted he was off his game today), he took a ton of close pitches and should've been walked. Only finally struck out swinging through on a hard middle-middle fastball.

Could not agree any more.

This team looks legit.

And yet bleacherreport ranks us a mediocre 17th in MLB in their power rankings, far below such amazing teams as the 2-3 New York Mets. I guess early game wins in the regular season don't count to the media. They won't rank the Orioles highly until after we have 90 wins in the books.

You mean around June 1?

What a wonderful day.

They probably had us 24th on 4/4/16.

Sure glad they won.

You should see the front page article, with the photos.

Ed Hillel

Wants to be startin somethin

Gold Supporter

SoSH Member

New

curly2 said: ↑

Of course they haven't developed a starter since Buchholz.

Wow, that's depressing.

Just can't develop them, at least 31 million a year through age 38 will buy them one.

Archived