vs. RANGERS, 4/15

Sessh

Our starting pitching is starting to look like we thought coming into the season. luckily we can score some runs so we are not out of things, but two games in a row where the starting pitcher gives up a five spot is demoralizing.

One start in which the pitcher has gone 6IP?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim said the error goes against jones instead of Joseph. What? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a tag play, that was not a terrible throw. On a force throw, sure. Only complication was Caleb taking his eye off the ball to probably see where the runner (or his positioning with the plate collision rule). That's on him. Should be Caleb's error. Tough play, but not the fault of the Jones throw, imho.

Our starting pitching is starting to look like we thought coming into the season. luckily we can score some runs so we are not out of things, but two games in a row where the starting pitcher gives up a five spot is demoralizing.

Worley can't do anything about an umpire with a 50% miss rate on balls and strikes. At least one of the walks was an at bat with five strikes and two balls. I didn't think in an era of pitch tracking umps were allowed to be that bad and still keep their jobs.

None of the starters do.

That's a bit of an overreaction. I think our other starters are more capable than they've shown themselves to be thus far. Tillman, Gallardo and Ubaldo can and will do better.

We just need Gausman and Bundy in, and Wright and Worley out.

The first team that the Orioles played have scored 14 runs in 9 games Rays have not been hitting much either.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matusz goes 3 innings allowing 2 hits, 1 run on solo HR, 0 walks, 3 strikeouts.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">April 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's a bit of an overreaction. I think our other starters are more capable than they've shown themselves to be thus far. Tillman, Gallardo and Ubaldo can and will do better.

We just need Gausman and Bundy in, and Wright and Worley out.

Bundy is not ready yet.

Texas owns us. Good thing we came into this series up 6 games - we might only come back up 2.

Also, Worley is not a major league pitcher, not that I've seen anyone accuse him of being one. He'll be cut and (hopefully) gone for good when KG returns.

Worley can't do anything about an umpire with a 50% miss rate on balls and strikes. At least one of the walks was an at bat with five strikes and two balls. I didn't think in an era of pitch tracking umps were allowed to be that bad and still keep their jobs.

Sure he can, make a guy miss. Throw quality strikes that aren't borderline so he doesn't have to worry about bad calls costing him. Umpires have sucked, but no more than Worley.

Archived