No way Kauffman is better than OPACY ... come on guys, let's fix this ....

OrioleMagic79

Please. PNC is way better than Fenway. I am of the opinion that PNC is the best stadium in baseball. Fenway isn't even in the top 5. Terrible concourses, tiny seats, etc. Not to mention being surrounded by Red Sox fans.

It's like a classic car. It leaves you stranded half the time, won't start when it's cold, requires constant attention so it doesn't fall apart, and if you get in a wreck you're a mangled corpse. But it looks cool, especially if you don't actually have to use it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was there last Friday vs the Twins. I've been to dozens of games at OPACY. There is no comparison, but The K is great experience. We got pictures with the WS trophy and the HOF in LF is great for fans. I've never seen folks tailgate for hours before MLB before I moved here. Sharing facilities with the Chiefs certainty helps with that.

I was at Kauffman years ago, and back then it sat in a huge parking lot by the interstate. You tailgate because there was nothing else around.

I was there last Friday vs the Twins. I've been to dozens of games at OPACY. There is no comparison, but The K is great experience. We got pictures with the WS trophy and the HOF in LF is great for fans. I've never seen folks tailgate for hours before MLB before I moved here. Sharing facilities with the Chiefs certainty helps with that.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

The O's share parking lots with the Ravens. Baltimore City won't let you tailgate for the O's, that's the problem.

The O's share parking lots with the Ravens. Baltimore City won't let you tailgate for the O's, that's the problem.

On the other hand, Baltimore's stadiums aren't just out amongst the freeways so there are plenty of bar options in walking distance to Camden Yards.

These things are pretty subjective and I think you have to take value (cost of tickets) into account.

I have been to about 1/3 of the current MLB stadiums. Baltimore and Pittsburgh standout from the rest to me and if I wasn't partial to the Orioles I would probably go with PNC. PETCO in San Diego is also nice and had by far the best food/beer selections.

On the other hand, Baltimore's stadiums aren't just out amongst the freeways so there are plenty of bar options in walking distance to Camden Yards.

Yeah they are. You just hop off the highway and you're there. There are a loads of options around the ballpark and M&T Bank Stadium. KC's are right next to the highway, but I don't see how you get to the stadiums from the highway in KC (looking at Google Maps)

I usually don't get caught up in these online polls, but this just seemed like another egregious case of Royals fans stuffing a ballot and I got ticked off. Anyhow, I voted enough to bump up OPACY to the next round percentage number.

Then I thought - hey, they can stuff a ballot and win this poll, but they get stuck with their clean, boring, soulless stadium; and we have a great ballpark.

Congrats KC!

I usually don't get caught up in these online polls, but this just seemed like another egregious case of Royals fans stuffing a ballot and I got ticked off. Anyhow, I voted enough to bump up OPACY to the next round percentage number.

Then I thought - hey, they can stuff a ballot and win this poll, but they get stuck with their clean, boring, soulless stadium; and we have a great ballpark.

Congrats KC!

Ain't no Pickle's near Kauffman. Ain't no Pratt St.

Established businesses have a lot of clout when it comes to local officials and what they allow. Don't think the local bars like the idea of losing all that foot traffic because of tailgating.

I voted for a while when I had a chance at work tonight. 20% is a big deficit.

OPACY has made a big jump since I posted this yesterday ... we have about 48 hours to make a difference ... I think it will happen if we all do a few votes a day. I also posted on Facebook and on a couple of posts on the Orioles' FB page ...

As far as PNC, I love it, but it isn't flawless. Don't sit in the upper deck in left field if you like roominess (can't speak for all of the upper deck, but I assume it is similar) ... it was REALLY tight in those seats and almost too vertical (if that makes sense), because it felt like you might fall forward and over the edge when you had to walk past someone to get to your seats ...

The food options are just OK at PNC, which is a total shame to me, because being from a family (both parents and their extended families) that is rooted in Pittsburgh and having the Pirates be my second favorite team, I expected a lot more from that city ... they have amazing food options in that city, and the vendors they have there make cheap versions of the city's signature food items ... OPACY has done a fantastic job getting good food into the park (one of the best in MLB in my opinion as I have been to 14 parks) and Pittsburgh should take note and get their best local vendors in the stadium ... they would have some of, if not THE best food in MLB given all of the good food and culture in that city ...

There is a limit to the # of votes you can cast at a particular time. I voted at least 100 times just now (raised it from 43.25% to 43.27%) and then the website wouldn't let me vote anymore. It gave a message calling my activity "suspicious" and blocking me from voting until I had a "cooldown" period.

So everyone take the time to vote as many times as you can (it took me about five minutes) and add your 0.02% to Camden's totals.

Archived