Buck's statement on Kim and tonight's game

LookitsPuck

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KIm had a decent night last night two walks and hit the last ball 400 feet against a guy throwing 97 miles an hour. Seems like he can hit a major league fastball all right.

Though, the poster mistakenly thought he hit it off of Matt Barnes, but he hit it off of Koji, so it wasn't off a 97MPH fastball.

From this thread and I didn't even make the first comment on it. That's about as

close as you'll get to proof. There is no video proof because why would there be? It was an out. Someone earlier in this thread commented that Kim crushed the ball at KC. Again, it wasn't me that said it first. By all means

though, keep thinking I'm just making stuff up and being disingenuous.

SSS? Conspiracy? Stringer error? Obviously his exit velocity will asymptotically approach (way less than acceptable) over a reasonable number of PAs, otherwise Buck wouldn't have buried him.

It could be me just reading the data wrong.

But I did find this:

http://m.mlb.com/player/547957/hyun-soo-kim

Avg Gen Velocity (mph)

Kim: 75.78

MLB Average: 73.10

His launch speed is also a bit over average (91.24 > 89.07)

I did try to look for video before, but why would there be video of a fly out and two singles? Look, if Kim was hitting dribblers all over the place still, I would not come on here and say he was hitting lasers and crushing

the ball. That is ridiculous and I would kick my own ass for doing that. Whether or not you believe me, that's what happened. I am sure that if I was so full of it, this entire forum would come down on me and rightfully so.

So, believe what you want to, but I will continue to call hard hit balls "lasers" and I will continue to say a batter "crushed" a hard hit ball when applicable. I find it hard to believe you saw those AB's.

I'm retired. I have nothing better to do than watch every pitch. The one game I missed, but still saw on my DVR was Sunday's game. I don't miss one if it's on MASN. I do remember in one of his at bats, he was described by both Dave Johnson and maybe Jim Duquette on Mid-Atlantic Sports Report or Wall to Wall Baseball as he "turned on a 93 mph fast ball" and I accept that. He pulled it. But I just think you're trying to win people over to your crusade for Kim with exaggeration. Listen, I'm with you, let's get him some more starts, play him when it helps the team win some games, but for the love of Natty Boh, just don't flower it up. He doesn't need it.

I'm retired. I have nothing better to do than watch every pitch. The one game I missed, but still saw on my DVR was Sunday's game. I don't miss one if it's on MASN. I do remember in one of his at bats, he was described by both Dave Johnson and maybe Jim Duquette on Mid-Atlantic Sports Report or Wall to Wall Baseball as he "turned on a 93 mph fast ball" and I accept that. He pulled it. But I just think you're trying to win people over to your crusade for Kim with exaggeration. Listen, I'm with you, let's get him some more starts, play him when it helps the team win some games, but for the love of Natty Boh, just don't flower it up. He doesn't need it.

For the last time, I do not "flower it up". I am not interested in exaggerating Kim's performances even if many others are interested in minimizing them as much as possible. I would not do what you are suggesting I am

doing. The people here are not that gullible and would call me out in a second if I was referring to Kim's first two infield hits off of Odorizzi as "rockets" or "lasers". Think what you will, though.

For the last time, I do not "flower it up". I am not interested in exaggerating Kim's performances even if many others are interested in minimizing them as much as possible. I would not do what you are suggesting I am

doing. The people here are not that gullible and would call me out in a second if I was referring to Kim's first two infield hits off of Odorizzi as "rockets" or "lasers". Think what you will, though.

Fine. We'll just disagree. Got band rehearsal till 10pm, so will to watch this one on DVR around 10pm. Enjoy the game.

Thats what I figured ....How much longer will Kim be able to stay happy with this?

I think that's exactly what the O's front office is counting on. My impression based on how he was treated during spring training with the benching and the media leaks is that the FO wants him to get so frustrated riding the pine in the majors that he agrees to be sent down to AAA. As I've said before, based on this treatment, I don't blame Kim for not trusting the FO's intentions and instead exercising his mutually negotiated right to stay in the majors.

To the poster that claimed that the O's can't get rid of him, that is false, as they can simply release him with full pay. It's clear they are unwilling to do that and eat the $7M.

I just found the solution (I sure hope not):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Braves are desperately trying to "buy" tradable draft picks by offering to take on bad contracts if teams include picks as well.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think that's exactly what the O's front office is counting on. My impression based on how he was treated during spring training with the benching and the media leaks is that the FO wants him to get so frustrated riding the pine in the majors that he agrees to be sent down to AAA. As I've said before, based on this treatment, I don't blame Kim for not trusting the FO's intentions and instead exercising his mutually negotiated right to stay in the majors.

To the poster that claimed that the O's can't get rid of him, that is false, as they can simply release him with full pay. It's clear they are unwilling to do that and eat the $7M.

If I'm an international player I would avoid the Orioles like the plague. This is another black eye as far as I'm concerned.

Archived