vs. TWINS, 5/10

Sessh

Can someone please explain what manny was thinking? Or rickard? We have a rookie pitcher in there and we gave him two outs acting like he was Clayton Kershaw and a one zero lead was nearly insurmountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone please explain what manny was thinking? Or rickard? We have a rookie pitcher in there and we gave him two outs acting like he was Clayton Kershaw and a one zero lead was nearly insurmountable.

Do you think Rickard bunted on his own?

Jones has literally been more than twice as bad as Davis. 109 OPS+ vs 52 OPS+.

Not to mention leading the league in GIDP. He makes outs at a greater rate than anyone on this team.

Yes, he clearly played hurt for a while. Buck claims he's 100%. I'll not push the panic button right now.

Do you think Rickard bunted on his own?

Yeah I was going to say. It seemed like that one came from Buck, but could be wrong. Rickard was bunting all the way.

I'd argue we gave them 3 outs. No reason Jones should be hitting that high in the order right now.

Really bad managing all the way around, no way to justify it.

I'm not that upset about the bunt, though. Getting a runner to third with your best hitter coming up isn't a bad play. Flaherty probably doesn't score from second on a single and Berrios is looking really tough. Jones got

himself out 100% and Machado was just.. yeah.

Someone asked me today if Adam Jones looks done. I dont think so, but Im not gonna say that if it stays this way in June.He just looks overmatched right now.

The problem is... his plate "discipline" is so horrible his fall of the cliff could be exceptionally fast. He's always gotten by on elite physical skills, which covered his total lack of strike zone judgement. Now that no one throws him any strikes, that his athleticism is starting to erode, that he's getting dinged more, he could end up a .220 hitter with 12 dingers in a hurry. I honestly don't think we'll have any interest in re-signing him in a couple years. I think he'll be that bad.

Archived