vs. TIGERS, 5/15

Sessh

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's NOT fact! A fact in your mind, that you can cherry pick stats against. I'm glad to have him. You want Manny leading off every day?

What cherry picking? I didn't invent WAR. I'm not selectively choosing what inputs of WAR i'm using. I'm just stating what an objective formula is stating. If you want to "feel" he has been of value to us despite what the metrics say, go for it.

What cherry picking? I didn't invent WAR. I'm not selectively choosing what inputs of WAR i'm using. I'm just stating what an objective formula is stating. If you want to "feel" he has been of value to us despite what the metrics say' date=' go for it.[/quote']

For a whole 5 weeks. That's definitive.

I don't feel like arguing today. I'm dropping it. Back in a few minutes in a better damn mood.

It's not a question of whether I "think" he's not worth 500k. As of RIGHT NOW' date=' his play is not worth it. That's not a subjective statement, i.e. an opinion. It's fact. When that stops being the case, I'll stop stating it.[/quote']

Rickard is probably not an every day player. His bat is inconsistent and his downs last longer than his ups. Defensively, he can be spectacular just as often as he is questionable. He certainly has value to the team, just not

as an every day regular. He has struck out 28 times now in his 36th game and is 5-for-24 (.208) over the last six games including today with seven strikeouts and only one walk. He is just not every day material.

If the end result of an at bat is not good, than how much value does a long at bat have in this age of power bullpen arms? (Obviously the Tigers don't have one)

I like the fact that unlike Lough he works counts that being said sometimes he needs to be more agressive.

For a whole 5 weeks. That's definitive.

I don't feel like arguing today. I'm dropping it. Back in a few minutes in a better damn mood.

As I said, when he stops being bad, I'll stop saying he's bad. Right now he's a bad baseball player. That can't be argued against, at least not in any kind of rational way.

Archived