vs. MARINERS, 5/18

Sessh

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• To be honest, it depends on whether the division would be a step down, a step up, or expected. In 2022, everyone would have been overjoyed at 3WC. In 2023, we would have been furious. Now expectations are high. A WC is still playoffs but a huge disappointment. Not just considering the importance of a first round bye and R&R for the guys, anything less than a division title is a disappointment.  The division is the goal of the season. And I hate the Yankees. And I’m annoyed every time we lose a game we should have won.
    • Bummer that it's a full TJ, which is a longer recovery than the brace. Hope it works out for him. It sucks, he only got 44.1 major league innings out of his first surgery. Maybe the fact that they were very good innings helps make sure someone takes a chance on him.  It'll be almost 5 years post no-hitter by the time he can take a big league mound again. 
    • I think the O's should consider matching and upping what other teams might be offering.  It might only be a minor league deal.  Even if the prognosis is really good I doubt the O's do anything like a qualifying offer, but bringing him back on a small deal makes sense.  
    • Are they better than the 2022 Yankees?  That team had a better record at this point in the season than this year’s Yankees.   The ‘22 team did win the division, but only won 99 games after starting 49-16.  They went 50-47 after their crazy hot start.  Teams don’t defy gravity forever.   
    • I think the players agents organise treatment for players without contracts.   Setting up places to workout.  Lots of unsigned players used their old High School facilities.
    • Someone will sign him to a cheap deal and take a chance he can come back.  I would have no objection to it being the Orioles.  Of course if it happens someone here will just accuse the new management of making cheap acquisitions.  
    • I was listening to a podcast today and the hosts stated that Portes and Chace will be eligible for the Rule 5 draft this year.  I guess that’s because they were signed before the COVID season?  They’ve only played 4 years in our system including this one, and normally international guys get 5 years, but I guess COVID ate the first one.  That blows.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now