vs. ANGELS, 5/20

OFFNY

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You didn't offend me but that pic was kind of messed up.

Just saying

I literally Googled dead rally monkey. I probably should've used something else. I know my mom wouldn't approve. My apologies. But hey, maybe it's working.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• He’s terrific pitcher who somehow flies a little under the radar when people talk about the best pitchers in MLB.   Take a look at this head-to-head comparison with Corbin Burnes — in a nearly identical number of innings in their careers, Fried has a 144 OPS+ compared to 133 for Burnes.   By the way Roy, in case you missed it, here’s a fun interview that David Laurila did with Fried last week.  Laurila is the @Roy Firestoneof print baseball interviews — love his stuff!
    • I know it’s already been said but Cowser continues to make plays that most LF, including Austin Hays, can’t.    He continues to make plays that either save runs or potentially save runs.  They always say you can’t give a team extra outs.  Cowser is taking hits away.  Works for me.
    • What’s the difference between safe and floor?  Floor was the word we kept hearing with him. Floor with potential.  Floor = safe to me. If I’m way off base please enlighten me. 
    • He didn't pitch in a WS at Dodger Stadium did he?  How would that work?  Maybe the NLCS?  I can't remember who they beat there.  Anyway, imagine Mayo on the team, and a Fried-Mayo matchup a couple times tonight!  That'd be a tough one for you!
    • I hope the Orioles are quietly making a Supreme Court level stink about the aggregate results. Elias maybe wouldn't even have to tax baseball people - Rubenstein I'd guess has loads of people to do the quantitative analysis with a brief primer from someone on Sig's staff.    The persona he's cutlivating hints even he himself might relish some of that handiwork. BAL-NYY have 9 more, and then maybe 5 more. I haven't looked at the team level readouts since a few weeks ago when the two clubs were then pacing towards ~50-75 runs in imagined difference.    Certainly there will be moments, probably next week, when Cionel Perez or Jacob Webb barely throw a strike to Juan Soto or Aaron Judge, or Clay Holmes sinker ends up shin high to Gunnar Henderson.
    • Brutal nine-game stretch starting now and ending w/ the NYY series.  Arguably three of the four best teams in baseball (not including the O's themselves, who are right up there), all in a row.  Hard to remember a stretch quite like that.  We just need to tread water - 5-4 or 4-5 is perfectly fine for now.  6-3 or better will certainly wake some (even more) people up nationally to the potential of the Orioles, who I feel like still get slept on a little bit due to the large shadow cast by the Yankees so far this season.  God knows MLB's collective orgasm over the Yanks having the best record in baseball is already gag-worthy.  The fawning over the LA-NY series this past weekend was just grossly over the top.
    • I will agree about the best shape. He’s just 19 and has that “baby fat” face. Heck, Holliday sort of has that too.  I think we unfairly judge Willems. He’s only 19 and catching full time in A+. He’s not a two level a year player. Even just being a one level per year guy, maybe more, he’s still on pace to hit AAA at 21/22. He can’t help that he’s the guy that we “threw” our draft savings at one year. Also, he’s a catcher. Generally, they move slower. Jonah Heim was on a similar path. Not saying he will be Heim. 
  • Popular Contributors