TT: The Orioles are a mediocre team

Tony-OH

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't count how many people said that this team was going to play in a lot of 8-6 ball games before the season started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Including the site owner. At one time, he advocated signing Alvarez for exactly that purpose.

I don't know what the Orioles can do at this point.

Wright should never sniff this rotation again.

Wilson I'm fine with, but he's not a middle of the rotation guy. Certainly a back of the rotation guy.

Ubaldo has a WHIP approaching 2 and an ERA of nearly 7.

Gallardo is on injury rehab, but his velocity is still below 90.

Tillman has allowed 8 homers in his last 4 starts and

Gausman has allowed 8 homers in his last 5 starts while sporting a 5.34 ERA and 886 OPS against

McFarland and Worley aren't the answers.

The Orioles are apparently on the edge regarding Ubaldo.

So unfortunately I think they're essentially stuck. Gallardo will probably go 2 more rehab starts at most. Then it's:

Tillman, Gausman, Gallardo, Wilson, Jimenez

I can see Jimenez getting bumped off, but who replaces him? Do they go back to Worley? McFarland? Or do they dip into the minors for a Miranda, Gunkel or Despaigne?

Are we really just spinning wheels and this rotation is what it is?

I wonder what kind of SP we could get if we were willing to trade Trumbo?

I wouldn't advocate weakening any part of this team to get a starter. We should be looking at paying salary for a respectable starter, not losing one of our best hitters for one. Otherwise, we'll not get better, just tread water.

I wouldn't advocate weakening any part of this team to get a starter. We should be looking at paying salary for a respectable starter, not losing one of our best hitters for one. Otherwise, we'll not get better, just tread water.
If we don't get a starter and a good one, we aren't going anywhere, and we can afford to give up a little on offense IMO.

I haven't given up on Wilson in the rotation, I have on Jimenez and Wright.

One of Gallardo, Worley or McFarland has to step up which leaves an additional spot in the rotation. I believe that Angelos/DD/Buck will do whatever it takes to make a run this season and next, so I expect a trade to happen. I hope it's either Trumbo or Pedro Alvarez plus minor league depth, but I fear that whatever minor league quality we have at the moment is headed out the door.

I hope it's for a pitcher that is controllable for next season as well.

The GM needs to go! Trading prospects for washed up pitchers is all he knows. We can't steal or bunt so it is impossible for us to manufacture a run if needed.

We must be in the top for stranded base runners because it seems like every game we leave bases loaded. We trade away all our prospects for has beens and we are

the worst team in MLB at developing pitching. Trade Gausman...trade Bundy for an established pitcher. It's why Arrieta is flourishing with another team.

Archived