TT: The Orioles are a mediocre team

Tony-OH

The GM needs to go! Trading prospects for washed up pitchers is all he knows. We can't steal or bunt so it is impossible for us to manufacture a run if needed.

We must be in the top for stranded base runners because it seems like every game we leave bases loaded. We trade away all our prospects for has beens and we are

the worst team in MLB at developing pitching. Trade Gausman...trade Bundy for an established pitcher. It's why Arrieta is flourishing with another team.

So you say trading prospects is all he knows so we should get rid of DD.

Then you say we should deal Bundy.

Right.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said this last year and I was right. Hope I am not right again but I believe Blue Jays will win the AL East again barring significant injuries and this is why...

3f21f722d863217ec6da71ff68eaf38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say anything between 85 and 77 wins make you mediocre.

2006 World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals

1987 World Series Champion Minnesota Twins

The Orioles are better than mediocre. They'll win more than 85 games. Even if they don't win more than 85, yet win the World Series, I'll add them to the list of Orioles' greatest teams. It's all about winning the World Series, no matter what your season record is.

The GM needs to go! Trading prospects for washed up pitchers is all he knows. We can't steal or bunt so it is impossible for us to manufacture a run if needed.

We must be in the top for stranded base runners because it seems like every game we leave bases loaded. We trade away all our prospects for has beens and we are

the worst team in MLB at developing pitching. Trade Gausman...trade Bundy for an established pitcher. It's why Arrieta is flourishing with another team.

Welcome to the board. Sometimes the hot takes cool off.

2006 World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals

1987 World Series Champion Minnesota Twins

The Orioles are better than mediocre. They'll win more than 85 games. Even if they don't win more than 85, yet win the World Series, I'll add them to the list of Orioles' greatest teams. It's all about winning the World Series, no matter what your season record is.

I'm sure even if we won the WC, there would be some here proclaiming we were still mediocre, just lucky and overachieving, and it's all Dan's fault.

I'm sure even if we won the WC, there would be some here proclaiming we were still mediocre, just lucky and overachieving, and it's all Dan's fault.

Yeah some people are never happy. They seem to have forgoten all the years of losing and being out of the playoff hunt by the all star break.

Yeah some people are never happy. They seem to have forgoten all the years of losing and being out of the playoff hunt by the all star break.
I think they miss them. They provided a better opportunity for grousing, carping, and griping.

Some people are afraid of returning to years of losing after the current good period ends and we have NOTHING in the farm system to replace these guys. We have some low cost contributors that will stop being low cost and we have nothing to replace those guys. The current period is a little like the late 90's.
Under PA's ownership when did we develop a farm system. It's always been win now even when he didn't want to spend big on FA, and he never wanted to trade star assets for prospects until the Bedard trade. As long as he is owner it will always be win now. Might as well enjoy the wins.

I said this last year and I was right. Hope I am not right again but I believe Blue Jays will win the AL East again barring significant injuries and this is why...

3f21f722d863217ec6da71ff68eaf38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Estrada and Happ are bothering me. I was looking forward to those two being bad signings. :angryfire:

The Orioles are 5-1 since Tony started this thread. Classic reverse jinx. :)

6-1, actually. But I'm not going to gloat about it with 105 games to play. At least the ".500 ball over the last 44 games" argument is out the window. The O's are playing .540 ball since their initial 7-game winning streak, which is an 87-win clip even ignoring the hot start. I'm sure there will be other highs and lows along the way and it's nice to be on a bit of a roll right now.

6-1, actually. But I'm not going to gloat about it with 105 games to play. At least the ".500 ball over the last 44 games" argument is out the window. The O's are playing .540 ball since their initial 7-game winning streak, which is an 87-win clip even ignoring the hot start. I'm sure there will be other highs and lows along the way and it's nice to be on a bit of a roll right now.

Oops! I shouldn't count before I finish coffee. :)

It's a crazy team. We will definitely see how far slugging and a strong bullpen can take a team. Obviously when the lineup gets hot the Orioles can beat anybody and everybody.

Some of Roy Firestone must be rubbing off on Tony-OH. :):):)

Hey, I did it to Ryan Mountcastle earlier in the year so why not to the Orioles? It's a gift! lol

Seriously though, I'm enjoying this run and hope it keeps up, but this team's year and how it's put together suggests a swoon will come again. Let's hope they can limit those down times and stay as consistent as they can.

Archived