April 28/August 25, Orioles at White Sox

bretholmes4

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it would have been. Which is why it was clutch for Ramon that he caught it.

Huh didn't realize that. Didn't the O's get beat way back in the '97 playoffs against the Indians by a similar play in which Lenny Webster let a pitch get by him with a squeeze on? I guess I remember wrong but I thought that was a foul tip as well.

What part of "the play was behind him don't you get?" He can't see it. He has to rely on the coach or he does something even worse by looking back, slowing his stride, and possibly getting thrown out that way.

If Uribe throws that ball to first, it's in vain, and a guy like Jones may be able to score there.

That's got to be what Samuel was anticipating, but his countryman (Uribe) foiled the plan.

Anyone who remembers Samuel as a young player knows the guy's aggressive. Generally speaking, I like that. It just didn't work out on that play. His bad...and I'm sure he knows it.

Bull. You take your secondary lead. You know where the ball is hit and how slow it is hit. Samuel is at fault no doubt but Jones wasn't on his toes either.

As far as Jones knew, the ball could have kicked away from Cabrera and given him a chance to score. Maybe this is wrong, but I was always taught - albeit in little league - to unequivocally follow your coaches' instruction, especially when any hesitation could cost you.

Bull. You take your secondary lead. You know where the ball is hit and how slow it is hit. Samuel is at fault no doubt but Jones wasn't on his toes either.

The. Play. Was. Behind. Him.

Oh, wait, I'm being insensitive. You're a mutant with eyes in the back of your head, aren't you?

They probably want to get it over with so there isn't another stoppage. They're probably getting word that it's not gonna last much longer which is why they've soldiered through.

Not sure about the weather, but here's to hoping it only lasts three more batters.

Haha yeah I was just thinking about that... not sure, because it they don't count it as strike three when the catcher drops a foul tip right? Its just a foul ball?

Yes. I think the rule is the foul tip has to above the catchers head or something to count as a pop up foul. Something where the umpire can make an arbitrary ruling on the play.

Archived